Thursday, March 2, 2023

Elegant Anniversary Card


 When a thoughtful friend sent me this beautiful SU! Tasteful Textiles embossing folder recently I sat right down and made an anniversary card with it. I used a SU! blended bloom stamp; embossing with gold ep and coloring it with Copics and fine markers. I fussy cut it; then popped it up with foam tape, and added die-cut golden stems and golden peel-off stickers all around beneath it. The gold-embossed sentiment is from SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes and for the final touch I added a piece of vanilla ribbon. It looks white in the photo, but in real life it's a perfect match to the flower. 

Yesterday I packed up 2 shoeboxes of ribbon for donation as I've accumulated more than I'll ever use, but I still have plenty left. That's in addition to the 6 other boxes of stamps, punches, and other craft items soon headed out the door for donations. I felt like I was drowning in all these craft items so it was time to de-clutter and pass on these things to other crafters. Re-organizing a craft room takes lots of time and thought along with a mindset of letting go of cherished things. It's not easy for me 😔

I'm entering this into the TIME OUT Challenges #233 which is "elegant."


Thanks for spending a few moments of your time to come visit me - it's always nice to have you here!

Carol


12 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful anniversary card with gorgeous flower! Wonderful embossed background and love the pretty bow! Yes, I understand about the decluttering. I know I need to do more. It certainly is a process with mixed feelings. Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!!!! Carol, this card is absolutely amazing with the prettiest color combo and that beautiful flower and silky ribbon! This is probably my most favorite card that you've ever made and you certainly have made MANY! The embossed panel is perfect for making that flower pop along with all the pops of gold! Well done, my friend! Love it!!

jimlynn said...

Stunning anniversary card Carol! LOVE that big bloom and the way you added all the gold highlights. Gorgeous ribbon and bow to go right along with it too. Every single thing about this is beautiful!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning Carol! I love that gorgeous bloom and your colors look so elegant and rich too! Really love how you've finished it with that silky ribbon! The couple will surely love it! Glad you've donated some of your extra stash and I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, such stunning elegance!!! Your design looks just awesome, Carol! That vanilla flower is coloured so well and it's very classy paired with the gold stems and stickers! And that cute gem in the centre! :) Love that BIG bow!! Also the texture on the background is a wonderful detail! Brown and vanilla plus gold are a palette I never consider, but works really well, thanks for the inspiration!
I image how difficult is for you now letting go cherished things, dear friend. I wouldn’t have the courage and firmness to declutter the crafting room in these circumstances. But you are strong enough and surely will make happy some people and this is great. You are admirable. My craftroom is a storage of all sorts of garbage just now, but I have neither time nor desire to declutter. I really think I'm a hopeless serial hoarder LOL :D
Send you my biggest hugs and lot of love, dear friend. Spring is under the corner and may it bring you peace and sunny days ahead!

Diane said...

This is a beautiful card Carol, such a pretty flower and design! You are much braver them me to sort and downsize, in fact I was given a carload of stamps and punches and even a few die cutting machines from a friend that downsized last summer, I was thrilled LOL, and another friend sent me 2 big Priority boxes of dies and all I had to do was pay the shipping, but my room is full to the max I have to admit, but it makes me happy!!

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! It really is a very beautiful and elegant card.

I can understand how hard it is to let go of cherished things.

Hugs and blessings, Carol.

Quillish said...

oooohh..yes..Very Elegant! Love the dark base for the pretty yellow flower and the gold that you added, makes it look so beautiful. Also the touch of ribbon is perfect for this gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us with this elegant beauty at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning elegant card,love the beautiful embossed background,gorgeous bow and flower.I downsized drastically when I was ill a year ago and just kept the basics and a small tray of favourite stamps.
Carol x

Kate said...

Beautiful card Carol - and the touches of gold are très elegant! Love your dark textured background!
So glad you were able take Time Out and share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Please join us again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty!

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow, this anniversary is just gorgeous! I have this flower and love it but haven't ever brought it to life the way you have Carol! I will have to CAS this card. It is absolutely gorgeous. Hugs, Brenda