Monday, January 23, 2023

Pasture Prime


 I bought this embossing folder over a year ago and never used it until now. I used some pastel grey cardstock and die-cut it with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle, then embossed it and swiped a white ink pad all over it to make the embossed elements stand out a little more. The image and sentiment are stamps from Lindy's Stamp Gang and I colored this one with colored pencils. The little horseshoe was fussy cut and covered with glossy accents just for fun.
This image reminds me of that old old song about the "old grey mare she ain't what she used to be." LOL Truth! 😉

I'm going to share this with these challenges:

The NBUS Challenge #46 - never before used schtuff



Can you handle the pressure? - must use embossing A/G with a twist of dots



Looks like we're in for yet another rainy day, so I'll make the best of it and try to get something done indoors today! Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Monday!

Carol

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

What a cute image and sentiment to go with it too! That's a perfect embossing folder for it. So cute and fun. LOVE!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

LOL! This makes me laugh and it is just delightfuL!

Donna said...

Awesome card and embossing folder Carol!

Liz said...

Great embossing folder for your cute image, Carol. xx

crafty-stamper said...

LOve the cute image and perfect embossing folder
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a delightful and fun card, Carol! Very well done using this embossing folder, it's really beautiful and unusual, and the horseshoes pop out so well with the white ink!!!
Your pencil colouring on the stamp looks great and love the choice of that shade of green for the mats! The horseshoe with the glossy accent is the perfect addition. I think that all those horseshoes will bring you some good luck, well done! :)
Also here is raining and it's cold.
Sending my biggest hugs, love and caring thoughts, dear friend!!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is so adorable, Carol! LOVE that embossed background and your sentiment! I always tell Shawn to put me out to pasture! LOL Your horse is colored so nicely! Well done, my friend! I think we are in for another yukky couple of days before we get any sun. All this dreary weather just makes me want to sleep!

Aquarius said...

This fun card really made me smile - loving the embossing folder as well as the stamp, they go well together

Sarn said...

A lovely play on words with the sentiment and that super horse image. Fab EF in the background too xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with this card! So cute and clever!

Darlene said...

OMG ... this card would be so perfect for many of my horse loving cousins lol. And how much fun is that sentiment! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Veronica Lee said...

This is too adorable!
I absolutely love it, Carol!

Hugs and blessings.

R's Rue said...

Love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Awww, this card made me tear up as I know hubby loved horses. It's a brilliant card, love the embossing folder. The image is just too cute and you have colored it up beautifully. The sentiment made me chuckle too, perfect for a birthday card. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

*Vicki* said...

That horse is super cute and I sure do love that punny sentiment to go with him!! LOL What a very unique embossing folder! Absolutely love it and it goes wonderfully with your image too!! :) Just trying to catch back up on some things that I've missed...HUGS

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card, Carol! Veryn nicely done!