Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Birthday Hummingbird


 My friend Wendy recently posted a great way to use designer papers we all have in our stash. Wendy gifted me with a beautiful pack of this SU! dsp some time ago and I thought it was high time I started using it! It's called Wonderful World, and I made 5 assorted cards with these papers by using her design, but I'll share the other cards in the future. 
For this one, I pulled out some older dies and made a birthday card.
To create the flower, I used a SSS set of Dahlia dies along with snippets of white, pink, yellow and a touch of Berry Bliss. The flower center was made with a SU! mini punch, and I added some Diamond Stickles for a little sparkle. The stem was done with snippets of green and dies from the Bouquet Bunch framelits set by SU! The hummingbird was done with a Cheery Lynn Designs die with a snippet of pink, doing a bit of coloring with Copics and adding a Nuvo drop of black for the eye. The sentiment was done with Gina Marie Designs dies and white snippets. I added a piece of pastel pink beneath the dsp that was also a snippet from a previous cutting.

I will enter this card into these challenges:



The Little Red Wagon Challenge #689 - Happy, Happy Birthday!


That's all for me today. We have snow/rain in the forecast so I'll most likely be at my craft table for a good portion of this day.
Thanks for stopping by. Take care and stay warm!

Carol




13 comments:

Donna said...

How beautiful, great papers and design and the flower and hummingbird are fabulous!

jimlynn said...

WOW! That paper is so pretty and paired with the hummingbird and flower, it's outstanding! I love the design and everything else about this card Carol. A VERY special birthday card for someone. So lovely.
Lynn

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This card is a stunner Carol! I do love the way you used those beautiful papers and look forward to seeing your other cards as well. The flowers is gorgeous as is that hummingbird. I'm so looking forward for spring when the hummers come back, love watching them. I'm off to check out Wendy's post. Hugs, Brenda

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card,love the beautiful dies and papers.Hope you are doing okay
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Carol! I love the mix of papers in the different sized tiles and that hummingbird is stunning! What a brilliant way to use up those papers too! I really love this! Sorry I haven't been around as I've had some computer problems lately. HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! AMAZING and SWEET!! It's a great way to use up those fabulous papers, and the idea to put that big flower and the hummingbird sucking it's nectar as the focal point of your card is so clever! They look just perfect with the DP patterns and are so eye-catching!! Fabulous dies used, love the sweet pink&green palette and the shades you gave to the bird! And that sparkling centre of the flower, wow! :)
I never use sketch, but in my mind I can see this adorable card as an inspirational sketch, too. All works so well together!!
Stay warm and cosy at home, dear friend, and take care! Sending lot of love, good thoughts, prayers and BIG hugs!

Wendy said...

OMGosh!! I was in awe of your beautiful card today, Carol! You rocked the Stack & Shuffle Technique! Isn't it fun?! The hummingbird, flower and birthday wishes diecuts are just lovely and go so nicely with the paper. It makes my heart happy to see you using it! I love what you created and cannot wait to see the rest! I just love it! Today's weather was the absolute pits! It's rainy and got very windy out! Good day for crafting!

Aquarius said...

Such a pretty card - loving the colours used

Sarn said...

A lovely layout and nice snippets card with the pretty papers and bold die cut sentiment.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice mug of hot chocolate! xxx

Di said...

What a great card Carol - super design! LOVE the shuffle technique as well. So pleased to see you in the Playground with us.

Hugs
Di xx

Mrs A. said...

This card is so,so pretty. Love this technique of using up paper pads. what a gorgeous huming bird die cut too. hugs Mrs A.

JanR said...

Great card! Such neat die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty,
Carol!