Sunday, October 9, 2022

Autumn Birthday Card


 My neighbor and sweet friend is having a birthday in a few days and I made this card for her with an autumn leaves theme. I made the background by using an older wooden leaf stamp I've had for eons. I inked assorted colors directly on the rubber and then stamped randomly on the card base. I had a snippet of rust-colored cardstock and die-cut the Lawn Fawn stitched leaf and made a punched border with an EK leaf punch. I used snippets of mirror and glitter card to punch again, inserting the pieces back into the punched border for a little sparkle and color. I die-cut the stitched tag from vellum and placed the leaf on that, adding a heat-embossed gold sentiment from SU!'s teeny tiny wishes, and placed it on a black snippet cut with a SU! word window punch. I also punched a piece of the golden vellum with a MS doily punch and added that underneath the punched border. The final touch was to add a golden butterfly sticker to the top of the tag.

I'll share this with the following challenges:

Double D Octoberfest Challenge - anything to do with October




The AAA Birthday Game #42 - a favorite technique
(I love swapping either punched or die-cut negative bits)



(leaves and a butterfly)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have yourself a wonderful weekend with some great weather where you are.

Carol

20 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Autumn colors are so beautiful and this is a gorgeous card. I love the multicolored leaves and the bright rust one on the tag.

jimlynn said...

This is so pretty and I already know she'll love it. Perfect card for autumn too. I love the background leaves and the way you inked different colors on them...they look real! Beautiful card and that little butterfly just tops it off.
Lynn

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a beautiful Fall creation my friend! Love your stamped background ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D and Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

Donna said...

Gorgeous fall card Carol, so many beautiful variations of fall leaves! They are starting to change here in Missouri and you captured the beauty I am seeing!

Aquarius said...

A super leafy card for your friend. Seems we are both onto the Autumn theme. Thanks for your lovely comments, much appreciated

Sarn said...

Oh that's a lovely autumnal birthday card Carol. xxx

*Vicki* said...

The leaves are gorgeous and very realistic looking with all of the veining in the images! What a beautiful Fall birthday card and I'm sure your neighbor will love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love all the beautiful Autumn leaves
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Carol, your birthday card for your friend neighbour looks so warm and sweet! Your old wooden stamp is just delicious and your colours choice for the leaves gives it justice! :) Love the tag with the big matching leaf and the sparkling and shining inlay on the rusty stripe! I have never seen a golden vellum before, it has a warm and precious feel! That golden puffy butterfly is a cute touch to finish off the card and catching the eyes to the centre, well done!!
Hope you and Butch are well and enjoy the Autumn feel. Sending hugs and heartfelt thoughts!!

Jane said...

Great use of autumnal colours and die cuts. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Barbara said...

So glad that you joined in the fun for this challenge with this gorgeous fall leaf card. I love the little touches of gold.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card, Carol! I love all those pretty leaves! Our leaves in the area are just now starting to change color. Some of the reds & oranges are so vibrant! I love this time of year but I have been avoiding sitting out too much with that cool breeze....makes me cough more. I think your neighbor is going to enjoy this card and appreciate you thinking of her! TFS and have a great day! :)

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Fall card!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and Double D!
Diane FS and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Hena Tayeb said...

Beautiful. I'm sure she will love it.

Lynda said...

Such a lovely design and colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the leaf stamped background! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Maria said...

A very pretty fall card with all the leaves! Love how you stamped the background! And, beautiful border!

Cazro said...

Hi Your background stamping is awesome, a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges for Nature. Caz. DT

Giorgia - Nel mondo di Jo said...

Beautiful autumn card! I love these leaves !! Thanks for playing AAA Birthday, I hope to see you participate in the next challenges!