Thursday, September 8, 2022

Yellow Rose


 While rummaging through my stash, I found an older GinaK stamp set with a rose image that I haven't used for quite some time, so I stamped it several times and tucked the extra images away for future cards. I colored the rose in shades of yellow with Copics, and added a tiny bit of spritzing in green along with some black Nuvo dots for a little interest. The sentiment is a pre-print from Simon Says Stamp backed with a strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock from SU! (dues anyone remember that pretty older color?) The embossing was done with a SU! Tulips frame ef on a piece of yellow cardstock and that's a wrap!

I'm sharing this with these challenges:



Also sharing with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp it!
(use stamped images)

That's going to be it for me today. We're off to get some fresh produce at some farmer's market stands! My husband is set on getting one more watermelon before they're all gone for the season. Enjoy your day and take care! Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits :)

Carol

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely rose image, beautifully coloured. Yes I remember Wild Wasabi - a favourite of mine and I still have a few bits and pieces left. A really nice green card is often difficult to find

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! That image is stunning and you've got it colored up so nicely Carol! I DO remember the Wild Wasabi, but I'm so far behind that I thought it was still available! LOL!! I'm sure I have some somewhere in my stash!! I also love that pretty embossed border around your background panel too! Nicely done and a great idea to stamp a few extras for future uses! P.S. Enjoy your time at the Farmer's Market...I have a hunger for corn on the cob for some reason!? LOL

Sarn said...

Well that’s a very pretty card Carol. Nice rose and I like the embossed background xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Carol. I like the added spritz's and gems to an already beautiful card!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! I love that beautiful flower! I do miss Wild Wasabi! I might have a pack or two stashed away!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the textured border around the beautiful flower. What an eye-catching card! And of course I remember Wild Wasabi. I've got loads of it in my stash! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous card , beautifully designed, ♥

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful rose and beautifully coloured and the embossed borders,hope you get what you need at the market.
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Perfect card design for this pretty rose....and nothing prettier than a yellow rose either! Love the embossing folder you used too.
Lynn

cotnob said...

A pretty card Carol, a beautiful stamp and lovely embossed border.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear friend, well done on buying fresh farmer's products, in my zone we always buy them, there are two farm markets all the weeks. Hope that Butch founded his watermelon! :)
You made a delightful card once again! Love the precious embossing on the border that add elegance to the lovely rose! Well done with the spritzing of Nuvo!
Sending hugs and wishes of lovely days ahead!

Maria said...

A very pretty flower image in lovely yellow! Love the embossed border on your beautiful card, too!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Carol! Love that tulip embossing folder and your beautifully colored flower! And you know I love the 2 tilted panels on your card! Well done, my friend! Hope you've been enjoying the nice weather! I am finally feeling human again, LOL Have a great day! :)

JD/ Jill said...

This is so lovely, Carol! I like the embossing folder you used around the edge. I have it and it's been a long time since I used it on a card. I think you have inspired me to go looking for it.

Veronica Lee said...

That's a very pretty card, Carol.

Yellow roses are one of my favourite flowers.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful