Thursday, September 15, 2022

Masculine Birthday Card


 I made this card for my brother-in-law who will be turning 81 soon. I die-cut the numbers using SU! large number dies (r) and heat-embossed them with silver and gold embossing powder; using an older (r) SU! mini background stamp set. I matted the black piece with some gold matte cardstock, then matted that piece with a piece of mirror silver card. The striped dsp is (r) from SU! and the pre-printed sentiment was purchased from Simon Says Stamp.

I'll enter this into these challenges:

The Craft Rocket Challenge #96 - dots and/or stripes
( I used both dots and stripes)

(I used the retired SU! large number dies)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your day is a great one!

Carol

15 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great masculine card and those large numbers certainly make a statement 😉

Sarn said...

A brilliant masculine card for your BiL. xxx

The Dream Pages said...

Lovely..
Thank you for joining in the HLS die challenge..
Swapna

jimlynn said...

Pretty, shiny, and perfect for a guy! Love that sentiment too.
Lynn

Wendy said...

This card is perfect for your BIL, Carol! Love the paper that you used and the colors of this! The large diecut numbers complete this masculine card nicely especially if they are not hunters or fishermen! I love the sentiment, too! TFS and I hope your enjoying this beautiful weather! Hugs~

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous masculine design and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda in IN said...

This is a great masculine card and I like the gold and silver embossing on the numbers.

*Vicki* said...

This is such a classy looking masculine card and very special for your 81 year old brother, Carol! I love the colors, the large embossed numbers and the bit of metallic shine frame around it! Such a fun sentiment too! Really nicely done my friend!

Greta said...

Beautiful papers & great card!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stunning and fabulous post, gorgeous colours and papers xx

Veronica Lee said...

Masculine and classy!

Love, love, love it! 💜💛💚💙

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D Such fun sentiment, Carol!! I'm sure your BIL has smiled!! You are so good as always with masculine cards, such elegant design! The gold and silver of the papers and the embossed number make the card so precious!
Sorry if I'm late with comments, it's a busy and heavy time for me.
As always sending lots of love and sincere hugs from my little part of the world!

Susan Renshaw said...

Super card for an 81 year old!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card! I like your card design and the papers that you chose!

Irish Cherokee said...

I am in good company with my 80th. Wish him a happy birthday for me. I agree! Age is just a number, a huge number.

Jim