Thursday, August 11, 2022

Grumpy Dog


 I have a fun Christmas card to share that's on the snarky side. This Stamping Bella Oddball pug stamp just screams for a sarcastic sentiment. LOL  I colored the grumpy dog with Copics and then used a Tim Holtz accessory stamp set to create the Santa hat, filling in the fur with liquid applique. I had a small snippet of retired green SU! dsp that I used on the side, then used a snippet of red to mat the image and die cut both the image and mat panels with Lil Inker stitched rectangle dies. The sentiment is by Crafters Companion and I die-cut that from snippets of kraft and white, placing the negative white letters into the die. I finished this with some Stampenous gold stickers and then added more snarkiness inside...


That's a funny bones stamped sentiment from Riley that seemed appropriate for the front of the card 😊

I think I've been touched by the heat too much lately because I made 3 snarky Christmas cards in the past few days LOL

I'm sharing this with these challenges:


The Critter Crazy Challenge #65 - A/G must feature a critter

It always makes me feel good to smile even when times are difficult. I hope this card makes you smile a little today, and thanks so much for stopping by.

Carol




14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness that FACE!! How stinkin' cute is this little guy with his Santa hat on?! I love that fancy script "bah humbug" as well! The texture on his hat trimmings is fantastic as is your festive layout! Absolutely perfect sentiment for the inside!! Super cute card Carol!!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card and love the fabulous Grumpy Dog and snarky sentiment
Carol x

Aquarius said...

This certainly made me smile despite the extreme heat which is really getting me down. Love the grumpy dog

Wendy said...

OMGosh, how stinkin cute and you talk about laugh....Ryan came to check on me after he heard me laughing! Love everything about this card, Carol! Yes, even when times can be difficult & challenging we need to remember to laugh. Thank you for the giggle today, my friend! I hope it's getting a tad cooler in your neck of the woods! I turned my ac off this morning...first in weeks!

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Kim S said...

This is fabulous! I love how you put products from all of these different companies together and came up with the perfect bah humbug card!!

cotnob said...

A fun Christmas card Carol, I love your grumpy dog in his little Christmas hat.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha! LOVE this snarky Christmas card Carol. That dog's face is a picture!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Did you enjoy whizzing down the slide into the paddling pool and then grabbing your fave cocktail? xxx

Brenda in IN said...

First, I love snark and this card fits the bill. He is the perfect snark with that face and the comment looks just like what he would say! What a fun card. The Riley sentiment is great.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah!! :D This fun grumpy pug makes me giggle!! Well done stretching this stamp with the help of TH hat, you are always so creative!!! Love the dimension added with the applique and the inlay on the diecut sentiment! A fab design as always! The inside adds more fun for sure!! :D :D Thanks for the smiles you gifted me today! :)
Sending biggest hugs ever!! Enjoy your days!

Di said...

Oh dear - what a grumpy Santa doggy face. Such a fun card Carol - and yup, I think the sun has got to quite a few of us in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Veronica Lee said...

Aww! Super CUTE!
I love your grumpy dog in his Santa hat ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card and Sentiment!

Maria said...

What a cute card! A fun dog image and sentiment! The snarky comment is right on, lol!