Thursday, August 4, 2022

For Lindsey


 I made this card as a tribute to a wonderful blogger who recently passed away.
Lindsey was on several design teams and often left comments on my cards and it's sad to know she's gone from this world. She had such a great sense of humor and was always kind.

The Color Hues challenge #46 is paying tribute to their former DT member by using her favorite color combination - blue & purple. You can also find a list of her favorite things over at the Color Hues challenge which includes flowers, so this card was designed with her in mind.



I started by water coloring 2 snippets of white cardstock with twinkling H2O's in colors of Passion Fruit and Dutch Iris. I die-cut a white panel with a Poppystamps Tulisa Corner Collage die and placed the blue panel beneath it. I used a Hero Arts flower stamp to make the flowers, fussy cutting them and popping them up on foam tape. I also stamped the flower centers on the blue colored paper, fussy cut them and also popped them onto the flower centers with mini foam dots. The sentiment is from SU! Warmest Regards (2006) and for the final touch I added some blue and purple gemstones randomly.

Lindsey's cards, inspiration, and sense of humor will be missed and the blogging world won't be quite the same without her. R.I.P Lindsey.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.

Carol

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely card to celebrate the life of Lindsey

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear about your blogging friend.Love the card you made, beautiful flowers and corner die.
Carol x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card in memory of your friend. Sorry for your loss.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Carol, this is a so lovely tribute for Lindsey! I didn't knew her, but I'm sure she would love this elegant and sweet card! Fabulous dimension for the flowers and the blue centres just pop! It seems to me that you have done them as cards candies, I remember you use the back of a a pencil to give dimension and it's a clever technique! :) Love the diecut white panel on blue and the tiny gems.
Prayers for your friend. Hugs

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, so pretty - a lovely tribute.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

So sorry about your blogging friend, Carol. Your card is a lovely tribute to her. Love the colors and the pretty diecut background under your gorgeous flowers! I'm sure you made her proud for using her favorite colors! What a beautiful tribute! Hugs~

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and brilliant design. Loving this... ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

This is absolutely so sweet, I love h ow you lay your flowers along the cut line. So pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful Carol, love the design.
Faith x

Nancy said...

Your card is beautiful and so are your words about Lindsey! She was a kind soul and is missed so much. I love your flowers and the the intricate die-cut background. Thanks for being part of this challenge at Color Hues.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your line of flowers is so beautiful! I absolutely LOVE the colors on this one and it seems these are her favorite colors as I'm seeing all over blogland. I'm so sorry to hear about this person that was so well loved in this crafty community. HUGS

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! And a very nice tribute to your friend!