Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Colorful Summer Card


 Recently a fellow blogger posted a card and mentioned using her Twinkling H2O's. That reminded me that I had some of those hidden in my stash too, so I dug them out and made this card.
I started with 3 strips of white cardstock, and colored each one with a different color of the H2O's and let them dry. They curled up after drying, so I embossed them with a SU! decorative dots ef to flatten them. While trimming the colored strips down to fit this card design, I had a little piece left over from each one, so I stamped the large and small flowers from the 2009 Verve stamp set "Because of You" and fussy cut them. The original image was stamped in black  and I popped the fussy cut flowers on top, adding dots of glaze pen markers in the flower centers and here and there around the image. The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Colorful Cocoa" stamp set from 2013.

I used some buried stash items to make this card and I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I love those summery colors, but it's a shame the camera doesn't pick up the subtle shimmer of those twinkling H20's. I'm leaving them out on my table to use again in the near future. Everything old is new again, right?

I'm sharing this with the Retro Rubber Challenge #188 which is A/G using stamps older than 1 year.


Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fine day!

Carol

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Really pretty card love the little flowers and your embossed strips coloured with the Twinkling H20's
Carol x

Aquarius said...

Super card, love the colours. I dug my Twinkling H2O's out while back, they'd certainly lain unused for much longer than they deserved

Heather said...

Isn't this lovely - sweet little blossoms! Love your colors, and such a playful design with the strips and embossing! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Carol! Your design with the embossed water-coloured panels and the coordinate decoupaged flowers is so clever! Thanks for the idea about flattening a curled panel with dry embossing! :) Enlarging the photo I can see the sparkling and I'm sure that there is also more IRL!! Beautiful effect! The tiny dots add cuteness and love the sentiment, so appropriate for this card!
I agree with your thought, everything old is new again, before or later! ...Perhaps also us? I would love this! :D LOL :D
Sending hugs as always, dear friend! Enjoy your days ahead!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Those Twinkling H2O's are so fun! Love the colors. I imagine this is SOOO amazing IRL with all the shimmering!!

Wendy said...

This card is so pretty, Carol! Those colorful embossed panels and that floral image is just beautiful! I love when you pull out something and breath new life into it! Makes our hearts skip a beat! All those layers make me happy too! TFS and keep cool, my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love what you have done with this card, so very pretty and the embossing to flatten, I hadn't thought of that, clever Gal. Love your pretty flowers and the sentiment too. Yep! Something old is new I did something today, that I hadn't done for years, it's quite thrilling, isn't it?
Faith x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

Brenda in IN said...

I love it when someone mentions something I have and had forgotten about. I put it away and that's it for the product. These colors are beautiful together and embossing them to flatten them is a great tip. Using leftovers for the flowers is inspired.

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card Carol, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Carol!

*Vicki* said...

Isn't it wonderful when someone can help spark a bit of creativity?! Really love this beauty with the colors and the pretty twinkling flowers!! Nicely done friend!!

Claire Grantham said...

I love the embossed strips, so bright and fun. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT