Monday, July 4, 2022

Red, White, and Blue Thank-You


Hello and a very happy Monday.
Happy Independence day to my American friends who are celebrating today too.
 I didn't make any July 4th cards this year, but I did make this card some time ago and decided it was just too busy to post it LOL Then today I decided since I had nothing else to share with the red, white, and blue patriotic holiday, I'd post it anyway.
I had a small piece of red, white and blue striped dsp which had pastel blue stars on the reverse side. The tiny border had the dark blue background with tiny stars, and I found another snippet of red & white striped paper. I randomly cut all the pieces into bits, then added a full layer of adhesive onto a 4x5-1/4 piece of white cardstock with my Xyron. I randomly added the bits to the adhesive, leaving gaps between them, then sprinkled on some white pearl embossing powder and heat set everything. Next I die-cut a piece of the striped paper with a MFT diagonal stitched die, and placed it across the front with a snippet of ribbon behind it. The Thank-You die cut by Kaisercraft was in my snippets box (a pre-cut with a different color) that I colored up with a dark red Copic. As if this wasn't already busy enough, I added a couple red mirror card stars done with a retired SU! mini punch!
Lastly I placed it on a dark blue card base.


Here's a little close up of that pearl embossing powder.

I'll add this to the Color Hues #44 Challenge which is
the colors of Red and Blue.

which is red. white, and blue




Thanks for stopping by and make it a wonderful day!

Carol

23 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is gorgeous, Carol! I love when you make cards like this! The patterns on the paper are perfect for a patriotic card! I love everything about it!! TFS and have a wonderful & safe July 4th, my friend!!! Hugs~

Diane said...

Wow, this is awesome, so beautifully creative...happy 4th!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Sarn said...

Happy Independence Day to you Carol. Smashing patriotic card xxx

R's Rue said...

So patriotic.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

LeAnne said...

Well, it might be busy, but it's AMAZING! Love it! The time you spent putting all those pieces together was worth it! Happy 4th!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous snippets card and what patience fiting all those pieces together
Carol x

I Card Everyone said...

no THANK YOU for sharing this clever way of using those patterned papers instead of 'cherishing' them, Carol! I love all of your sweet flags with their stars and stripes!
Thanks so much for playing!
=]

Karen said...

It might feel busy to you, but it's such a fun card! Thanks for deciding to share it, and for playing along with us at Color Hues!

Donna said...

Fabulous card Carol, it looks like it took a lot of time and patience and it sure paid off!

Makira said...

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’™this! Your mosaic is FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing with us at Colorful Options! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Cheers, Makira

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I absolutely need to try this mosaic technique, Carol! Any time you used it I'm so impressed!! A wonderful way to used scraps! Perhaps this card could be a bit busy, but it's also stunning and beautiful! It must have taken you ages! The banner on the bow with the sentiment and the two stars looks great!
Have a lovely healthy week, my fiend! Hugs and peace across the miles!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, it must have taken you ages to add all of those pieces of patterned paper! It might be busy but it works.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nancy said...

I am so glad you decided to post this, Carol. It may be a bit busy for your liking but it turned out fabulous! Love the mosaic background! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Brenda said...

I am so glad you decided to post this card Carol because I think it is fabulous! So patriotic, love the way you cut up your paper and used it on this card, so cool looking! Busy? Maybe a bit, but not really as everything pops. The "thank you" pops, the ribbon pops, and each piece of paper pop's and those red stars pop. I love it!!! Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne H said...

An excellent card. Just wonderful. TFS The card made me smile.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Carol! I love your fun patriotic mosaic background you've made here! I don't make very many July 4th cards either, but I like that you've made this one a "thank you" for many different reasons! Brilliantly done with those snippets my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE this fabulous card Carol, I love how you placed all those wonderful pieces, a marvellous and patriotic card.
Faith x

Maria said...

Oh, I love it! It speaks celebration! Love the fabulous design and all the red, white, and blue! Great touch with the ribbon, too! I made one 4th of July birthday card, but had to mail it quick before we left for a get away. Take care and have a great week!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous. Love this and gorgeouness on the card, Great colours and design... ☻

Brenda in IN said...

This is just gorgeous and a perfect 4th card. What patience you have. The pearl embossing powder if beautiful and the shine is awesome.

JD/ Jill said...

I like this Carol. It is so special made in the red, white, and Blue!

Cindy Beach said...

Your card is creative, fun and a fabulous technique. I love it, Carol! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

Wow ! A card filled with beautiful detail!
Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues !