Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thank You


 I've been trying to use up the designer papers I've hoarded loved for ages, so today's card includes some pretty papers from a Teresa Collins pad called Everyday Moments. I also used snippets of Bashful Blue and So Saffron cardstock from SU! Those colors may also be retired by now too, I just can't keep up with all that anymore 😐
I found this die-cut bird and branch in my snippets box, so I just colored them both with Copics and glaze pens. The scalloped border was done with a Sweet'n'Sassy die; the circle with a MFT stitched die, and the sentiment panel with a Lil Inker stitched die. I received the sentiment stamp free with a Lawn Fawn order and have had it probably 3 years or more.

I based my card on the Retro Rubber challenge #167 - let's get sketchy


Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Thursday! This month is just whizzing by for me! It seems like Labor day was just a couple days ago, and already September is half-gone! I must be sleeping too much while all this time is flying away! 😏

Carol

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Awe! I love your little birdie here! I don't know why, but they're by far one of my faves on cards! You've done such a wonderful job with the sketch and kudos for you on using more of those papers!! (Still sorting and hoping to be using more before I keep getting more in!! LOL!!) I love this bird holding the berries in his beak! Great inspiration friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A delightful card card Carol, Love the bird die, and the papers, all such a great match.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the papers and little die-cut bird
carol x

Maria said...

What a beautiful bird for your lovely card!! Very pretty papers and great design!! I, too, need to work on using up those design papers. Not sure why I just ordered more, I guess because I couldn’t pass up the good sale, lol! Take care, hugs!!

Claire said...

Such a pretty card and a lovely way to use up your snippets, I love the way you pop things together and turn out a splendid card, its very inspirational x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and gorgeous colours and design. xx

cotnob said...

A lovely card Carol, such a sweet die cut bird and super papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kim S said...

Your bird is gorgeous - beautifully colored! And I hear you on hoarding paper. I save it for the perfect project then it gets buried in my stash and is never used! I'm glad you are using your paper. The delicate flowers are gorgeous for the bird and pop so well on the blue.

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Wendy said...

This is such a beautiful card, Carol! I love your bird and those pretty papers you've kept in your stash! The colors are wonderful! Love it! Yep, time really is flying by and i'm hoping soon our Fall weather gets here! TFS and I hope you have an amazing day! Hugs~

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This is one sweet and beautiful interpretation of our sketch over at RETRO RUBBER, you little bird is colored perfectly, love the DSP you used too.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Brenda said...

I love the sketch you used for this card Carol, it turned out so sweet and pretty! I love the papers you used too, good for you for working on using up your stash! I so need to work on that myself. Hugs, Brenda

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an elegant, deeply lovely greeting. I miss TC's line soooo much. Her products were elegant, glam, and so my style. It's wonderful to see TC in action here. You really created something marvellous with darling birdie card.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

JD/ Jill said...

Cute Birdie! Nicely done!