Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Embossed Strips


I found a sketch that inspired me to pull out some colorful snippets of cardstock and play along, but the challenge closed before I could finish the card! 😏 Oh well, this has become a repeat habit for me lately it seems.
I laid the strips side-by-side into a WeRMemory Keepers Gemstone ef to make the design, then placed them onto a black card base. I die-cut a Darice flower stem from green, white, and black, and fussy cut the white flowers and covered them with Wink of Stella for some subtle sparkle. The final touch was to add a pre-printed Simon Says Stamp birthday sentiment and I called this one done.

I'll enter this into these challenges:

Seize the Birthday #217 - embossing folder



I decided to make a thank-you card using some different card stock colors along with a KaiserCraft thank-you die. I cut 3 of the sentiments, stacking them on top of each other and covered with Wink of Stella glitter. I used some black Nuvo drops for added interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope everything is well and good in your world today.

Carol

 

20 comments:

Trina P. said...

Bright and beautiful! The embossed color block background looks amazing. Adding a simple die cut flower and sentiment finished it off perfectly.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifulcards Carol quick and simple but very effective love the 3-D effect gemstone EF and the more pastel colours on the second card
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Love these cards Carol, what a great embossing folder and love the colour mixes. Both so very effective.
Faith x

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely , bright, happy card ....... Lis

aussie aNNie said...

Super stunning and so love the colours here...♥

Claire said...

This embossing folder messes with my head and I find it fascinating to look at... I love it used this way especially with the bright colours onto black cardstock with simple die cuts x

Maria said...

Awesome idea to use those snippets of paper! Wonderful embossing! Great makes for birthday and thank you cards, so pretty!

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, fabulous embossed panels.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

I'm always late to a challenge Carol. lol I don't know where the time goes but I always think I have more time than I do. lol I LOVE both of these cards! The bright colors, the embossing, that flower die and just a sentiment die-love it all! Will be casing this one for sure. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully created and gorgeous in every detail.

Wendy said...

Both are super fun cards, Carol! Love the look of the embossing folder on each of those pieces of cardstock! Very eye catching! You used such summery colors on them! Sorry you missed the deadline but it shouldn't matter....both cards are fabulous and will make the recipient smile! TFS and I hope your having a great day! Hugs~

Brenda in IN said...

A very pretty embossing folder and great cards. I like the colors your chose for your cards and that crinkle look the folder gives.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, your background is stunning and the simple die cuts is all it needed!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

I just love these makes hun, so eye catching!
Hugs Shell xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautifully done cards, Carol. Great design!

Lindsey said...

I love this design! Great embossing folder, and the multi-colour strips just add to the fun. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is so cool ... so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Ina G said...

Love the simple die cut flowers and that background embossing looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Nonni said...

Wow! I really love the design of this card and the embossing folder you've used looks just amazing! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday!

Tina said...

Love the layout and texture on this. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Birthday blog, hope to see you again. Tina