Sunday, June 27, 2021

A Patriotic Celebration


 I thought I'd make a red, white, and blue card to celebrate either a birthday or July 4th. I have 2 friends who were born on July 4th, so this could work for both.
I started with a piece of pre-embossed cardstock from SSS with a beautiful woodgrain finish that I just love. I used random bits of assorted blue  cardstock and cut lots of mini stitched banners with a Lil Inker die. I assembled them side by side, then cut the whole piece with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die and placed it on a red card base that I also cut with a larger stitched rectangle die. I save all those tiny little negative bits in an old prescription container, so I pulled out lots of them in matching colors to decorate this, along with a Lil Inker Celebrate sentiment and called it done.

I'll share this with -


also with -


Thanks for the visit and my wish is for you to have an exceptional day!

Carol

15 comments:

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! This is so pretty and how perfect for a birthday in July or for the 4th of July! Love that diecut celebrate and those banner flags! It can't get any more perfect, Carol! Hope your staying cool? This week is to be super hot. Blah!

aussie aNNie said...

A stunningly beautiful card, gorgeous colours and as always your design is amazing. xxx

Claire said...

Ooh I like how this card can be for two occasions and yes that woodgrain embossing folder is awesome for many uses, nice to use it horizontally and have the banners vertically as it makes a nice contrast. Love the pop of red x

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous patriotic design, I love all of the little banners.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You go in my street dear Carol, how much useful are the tiny leftovers, isn't it? :D Here they add a lot of happy and festive feel, so they just make the card! LOL :D Love all the fishtail stitched banners on the beautiful texture of the wood-grain panel and the big Celebrate has a cool font!
Sending hugs and love! Enjoy your week, here the weather is very HOT!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and great use of scraps love all the banners and little stars
Carol x

Donna said...

Such a stunning patriotic card, fabulous design and I like the various colors of blue!

Maria said...

Oh, such a fun patriotic card!! Love the banners at the top in all the different shades of blue! Wonderful little stars, too!! Great card!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card to celebrate any occasion Carol. I love how you have used your snippets for the banners and the wood embossing folder.
Faith x

Brenda said...

Well Carol, you had me at red/white/blue! lol I love anything patriotic so I'm totally in love with this one. I love how it will work for a July 4th birthday or just to celebrate the 4th. But for me, it is totally a perfect birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Wonderful and very patriotic card Carol! So many snippets used as well - love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this patriotic card you have made.

R's Rue said...

This is so cute. I love it. Have a beautiful day my friend. Hugs.

Stampsnob. said...

You aced this one Better than fireworks by far ...........Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful red/white/and Blue card! Hope you are having a great weekend.