Saturday, June 19, 2021

Black, White, & Pink Birthday


I made this card for a black & white challenge but I wasn't happy with the final look, so I stepped outside of the challenge and added a few pops of color to change this to a more feminine look.

The paper is from Bazzill Basics and I die cut both the dsp and black card base with Lil Inker stitched rectangle dies. The "Hugs" sentiment is a die from Pink & Main and the "birthday sentiment" is a pre-printed one from Simon Says Stamp. The pink gems are from Gina Marie Designs and this was a quick and easy design. This will be going to my sister-in-law for her upcoming birthday.

I'll share this with the following challenges:

The Happy Little Stampers June anything goes with dies

 

Seize the Birthday #216 - Nautical or anything goes




Thanks so much for the visit today. I hope you have a great weekend and are healthy and well!

Carol

15 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I love this with the added pink enamel dots! It really perks up your card and added a touch a feminine to it! Well done, Carol! Hope you have a great day & staying cool! Hugs~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a difference those little pops of pink are, I loved the first card, then saw the added pink and thought WOW!.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card the pink certainly adds that littl something
Carol x

Donna said...

Very elegant and like that pop of pink!

Claire said...

Awesome, I love a big sentiment and this card is brilliant. I must admit I quite like it both ways and you can't go wrong with black and white... very nicely done x

Maria said...

A beautiful birthday card! Your SIL will love it I’m sure! A lovely color combo with the added pink dots!

Stampsnob. said...

OMG who would think a few brads would make all the difference? Lis

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have had a great eye adding those three pink gems! The design looks wonderful! The perfection!
I have the same black and white block to use up, but always forget it. Thanks for remembering to me LOL :)
Have a fabulous Sunday and be strong you too! :)
Biggest hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

wow the pink sure adds beauty, well more beauty, to your card Carol, love the scripted paper background. xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, I love the bold sentiment and the pink enamel dots really pop.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda in IN said...

I love that touch of pink by adding the gems to the card. It softens the black and white, but I do like the combination of black and white and this card does that beautifully.

Riya said...

Very inspiring

Brenda said...

I think the black and white one is pretty dang cool but then when I saw you added the pink enamel dots....well that did it for me! I was in love. lol I love the pink on this cute card! I will have to CASE this one! Hugs, Brenda

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful card. The pop of pink adds an unexpected element. I love it. Happy a great Monday my friend. Hugs. Stay safe.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Lovely card, and the pops of pink are fabulous, your sister in law will love it, thankyou for joining the gallery at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x