Thursday, December 10, 2020

Peace on Earth


Here are two quick cards I made in trying to finish up a favorite pack of retired dsp from SU! called I think Candy Cane Lane. I had a few small bits of it left and hated to waste any of it. The dsp was die-cut with a stitched rectangle die, and the snowflake was made with a Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die in white and mirror gold. I placed the gold bits back into the white snowflake for a touch of elegance. The red mirror gold panel was embossed with a TE poinsettia ef and I placed a piece of SU! retired gold ribbon on top. The little round golden bits were made with a hole punch and placed randomly for some extra sparkle. 

I'm entering this into




I used the vertical line from the left side - ribbon, kraft, red, and white and stitching (faux)



 Here's a 2nd card using another piece of that same SU! dsp but with a different Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake and some gold glitter cardstock. The embossing folder used on the red is SU! softly fallen, and the ribbon was a leftover piece - just enough to go around the card. I'm going to enter this card into these challenges:



We actually had our first snow day yesterday but it all melted quickly. We were out of town at a doctor's appointment and concerned about getting home safely, but all ended well thank goodness. 

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol

19 comments:

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Carol, so bright and cheerful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your sparkly cards! Thanks for inspiring me today!
:) Marie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! These are really lovely and beautiful Carol. Love the difference between the 2
Faith x

Liz said...

Two super cards, Carol. A great way of using up the last of the patterned paper. I love the snowflake die cuts. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great mix of papers, die cut, and love the texture. Beautiful card.

Claire said...

Red and white, perfect for the candy cane lane patterned paper and that red mirror card is absolutely delightful and looks super duper embossed. I think your pretty festive snowflakes are the only ones I'm going to see this year... boohoo x

Maria said...

Oh, what lovely cards!! Gorgeous embossing and pretty snowflakes!! Two wonderful cards, Carol!!

JD/ Jill said...

Both are so festive and pretty!

JanR said...

Great cards! I really like all the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card beautiful embossing folder, papers and colours are gorgeous, as is the whole design. Have a lovely weekend. ♥

Sarn said...

Fabulous snippety festive cards Carol. Great layouts.
Hugs, Sarn x

Donna said...

Lovely cards, like that designer paper and your lovely snowflakes!

Donna said...

I'm back with my design team hat, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Carol, I love BOTH of them! I think I still have a few bits of some of that paper myself and I'm exactly the same as you...I hoard it all so terribly! LOL! You've done some beautiful work with that snowflake die as well as the mirrored cardstock too! Thanks for inspiring friend!

Patti J said...

Two great cards!!! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!!!

Heather said...

These are both so pretty!! The papers are fabulous and I can see why you didn't want to waste them! I, too, can never stand to throw away my bits and pieces of patterned paper. Love the pretty snowflakes you used, too. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Heather said...

I don't know if my previous comment went through or not, so I'm sorry if I repeat myself!! These are so pretty! I love the bits of paper and I can see why you didn't want to waste them! I, too, hate having to throw away any pretty papers. Love your beautiful snowflakes, too! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful - love all the different cardstocks and different designer papers you used. Beautiful snowflake

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous cards. You really picked some pretty paper for them. Glad the snow melted for you to have a safe trip home. We may get a little dusting of snow in a couple of days. I am not ready for snow, but guess what, it will snow anyway. :)