Monday, December 7, 2020

Christmas Joy


 I pulled out an older Tim Holtz stamp set & die combo to make this card, using snippets of white and a leftover strip of dsp. I stamped the images with assorted colors before cutting, then added clear Wink of Stella to the trees  for a little shimmer. I used some Diamond Stickles to add a little "snow" to the ground around the trees and reindeer. The embossed background was done with a retired SU! embossing folder. On a good note, I did manage to finish making my Christmas cards this weekend and they're all going in the mail today.

I will enter this into the following challenges:

the MLCCB #29 - December anything Christmas goes




The Paper Players #PP520 - theme challenge


Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone a great week ahead!

Carol


16 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a pretty scene. Using the stickles for snow is so inventive and I love those tall tress. That is a perfect embossing folder for this card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the texture and the images on this beautiful card Carol.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely masculine card, Carol, but it could be used for feminine too, with that sweet embossing on the back! A very pretty scene with that festive deer looking at the word "Joy" and the trees!
Hugs my friend, I'm well and so hope of you and Butch!
Love and peace across the miles!

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful design here Carol! I love that embossed background and your little scene with this darling deer image! So glad that you've gotten your card all done and mailed! I hope to this weekend!! LOL!! HUGS

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like the sparkle and texture you added!

Claire said...

I love the festive feel to your card and the cluster of trees making a focal point for the deer, who looks rather regal and majestic. Great card that oozes a wintry Christmas, perfect x

Maria said...

A lovely scene with the sweet deer! Beautiful background and pretty trees! A wonderful card, Carol!

aussie aNNie said...

What a sweetly made card, love this gorgeous image and colours. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs. I love that deer.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol, this is just BEAUTIFUL! This is so elegant and the design and colors just POP against the beautiful white background. JOYful it is! Big hugs! xx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Carol, a lovely embossed background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great card, Carol!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done Christmas card, Carol!

Sarn said...

Brrr-illiant snippets festive card.

Hugs, Sarn x

Stampsnob. said...

I love a card that speaks to Christmas without the words .......Lis

Di said...

Gorgeous card Carol - and I really love the embossing folder you used. A great little snippets scene too!

Hugs

Di xx