Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Dream Catcher


Many moons ago when I was making cards for OWH before they closed, a fellow card maker from Canada sent me a few dreamcatcher images and I never used any of them until today. Being indoors has prompted me to sift through my unused stash and use it before buying anything new. There's no manufacturer name on the back, so I'm sorry I have no clue who makes this image. I colored it with Copics, a gold paint pen and a fine red marker and covered the feathers with clear Wink of Stella. The papers are snippets from Lawn Fawn and Doodlebug Design Inc. and the word DREAM was cut from a very old sheet of DCWV tab folders I got from QVC probably a decade ago! I could not find a single stamp in my collection that says "dream" so I improvised and placed it on a snippet of matching red dsp that I cut into a banner. The rest of the sentiment is from Kitchen Sink Stamps "Hibiscus" and it just seemed to flow with the dream theme. I used a SU! scalloped edge punch for the red border and matted this with a piece of SU! daffodil yellow cardstock. I'm thinking I might be able to use this for a graduation card in the future.

I'll enter into the Just Us Girls challenge #530 Word Week - feathers


Also entering into the Little Red Wagon challenge #544 - Mix "Em Up!
Use different manufacturer's products on your creation. I've used quite a few here.

Thanks for checking in today and I hope everyone reading this is safe and well.

Carol

12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Could it be Buggaboo. It looks great on your card and perfect as a graduation card. The moon on their reminds me to look out for it tonight in the sky as it is a Pink Moon over the UK and with the good weather is set to be quite spectacular. Keep safe and well hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful dreamcatcher and great sentiment
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully colored dream catcher card.

jimlynn said...

You're making all sorts of neat things with your unused stash - and I love it! This is a pretty, pretty image and you've colored it perfect. Like the way you did the sentiment too.
Lynn

Stampsnob. said...

Oh that is pretty We all need a dream catcher right now This is getting very tiring Lovely card..........Lis

Claire said...

Oh this would make a super Graduation card, the free spirit of the feathers and the sentiment compliment each other. I like the split patterned papers that replicate the dreamcatcher. It's like yin and yang x

Maria said...

A very pretty card! A wonderful dream catcher! Love the colorful papers and the sentiment! I am dreaming of the tomorrows when the stay-at-home order lifts!:). Take care!!

aussie aNNie said...

Love dream catchers and this is a lovely card portraying the 'dream'. Great colours as well as sentiment.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a great dream catcher and lovely bold papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ina G said...

I love dream catchers and you have created a really lovely colourful card here Carol. Perfect sentiment for today's goin on's.
PS Thanks for sharing this beauty with us this week at Just Us Girls. Lovely to see you.

Wendy said...

This card is awesome, Carol!! I love the image and most definitely this could be used for graduation! Love the red & blue cardbase as well as your sentiment! Another card well done! I wish I had your will power to not buy more when I have a room full of older things in my stash that need used. Maybe hubby needs to take the checkbook away from me! Hahaha! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

JanR said...

Great card! I especially love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.