Saturday, April 11, 2020

Christmas Before Easter


I haven't used this Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp set called Itty Bitties for ages, and since it was created in 2009 I thought it was time to pull it from the cobwebs and make a card with it. I stamped each of the images with Versamark ink, and heat-embossed them each with gold embossing powder; then colored them with red and green glaze markers and a SU! gold paint marker. Next I die cut each image with a MFT stitched square die. I found a piece of dark red shiny card stock I've had for ages and made a card base, then used the rest of it to die cut squares to mat the images. I also used the stitched square dies to make a white panel. In my stash, I found a few pieces of green glitter card stock that closely matched the green on the images so I used a KaiserCraft Merry Christmas die to cut the sentiment. It looks better IRL, but the shine of the cardstock and shine from the gold embossing confused my camera and this was the best edit I could get of the card.

I'll share with the Retro Rubber Challenge #132 - Be there or be square (use squares)

RRCB 132


SPREAD THE MERRY LITTLE LOVE AND GRAB A BADGE!

Also sharing with the Christmas Craft Creations for April - Use a Stamp


Thanks for stopping by to visit and I wish everyone a wonderful weekend of good health and happiness.

Carol

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the embossed images and the stitched square dies
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and I love the layout.

Ina G said...

What a fabulous stamp set you have here Carol. Love all those wee images. You've certainly nailed the Retro Rubber Challenge here Carol.

Maria said...

What sweet gold embossed images! And, wonderful die cut sentiment! A very pretty Christmas card, Carol!

Claire said...

Ohhh Christmas, my favourite time of year and I love seeing traditional colours. The little images look perfect on the die cut squares. Nice to add the sparkly green die cut sentiment, stands proud against the red... lots of Happy Easter wishes to you both, stay nice and safe x

Liz said...

Lovely card Carol, I love all the little images. xx

Stampsnob. said...

Sorry but this really made me giggle first thing EASTER MORNING
HAPPY EASTER CAROL...................Lis

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Carol, sweet images.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Such a sweet card, Carol! I love the gold embossed images and the way you colored each block! This is a wonderful design to showcase the different images but most of all it is perfect for Christmas! WTG on working ahead! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! I'm so happy you dusted off the cobwebs from this sweet stamp set, love all of the images looking all fancy embossed in gold.
Thank you for sharing this card with us at RETRO RUBBER.
XO.
Maria/DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super Christmas card Carol and you are getting prepared with style! With Easter come and gone so quickly I guess I had better start too.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Carol said...

Those little images are super cute! And I love all the layers. Great card!

LeAnne said...

Well, I love anything little and bitty, and these stamps are just perfect for our challenge! Cute as can be, and you've got a head start on your Christmas cards too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so sweet! I love the little squares with their gold embossed images. Thanks for joining us over at the April challenge of Christmas Craft Creations.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Interesting design, I love squares.
Thank you for joining us on the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge

Danka
Danki's creative passions {My Blog}