Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Kids Valentines


My friend and neighbor has 2 grandsons that will hopefully enjoy these little valentines I made for them! I found a packet of matching cards and envelopes in a soft lilac color in my stash that I'd forgotten about and decided to use them for Valentines. Valentine's day doesn't always have to be about the color red does it? LOL
For the first card, I used a Sunny Studios embossing folder, dotting all the hearts with Copics to add extra color. The crayons were done with Lawn Fawn stamps, colored with Copics and covered with clear detail embossing powder before heating and fussy cutting. The big heart was die cut from the 2nd card front (below), using a SSS thank-you heart die. I added a few red heart stickers just for fun. The inside of the card says "Happy Valentine's Day" and I've stamped lots of X's and O's. I also heat-embossed some white hearts on the envelope front but cropped it out when editing the photo LOL


Here's the second card, done also with a Lawn Fawn stamp set. I found a small snippet of white that had been embossed with hearts, so I decided to use that to replace the heart that I die-cut for the first card. I used the same SSS heart thank-you die to cut it and just popped it in place where I die-cut the heart for the first card. I added the little wheel and hamster along with the matching sentiment which was done with an old Marvy ticket punch. I added some very tiny stamped red hearts to the big heart, and added some sparkly red stickers to the card base before calling this one done.

I will enter the first card in Pammies Inky Pinkies challenge #2005 which is  anything goes.

The second card will be going into the Shopping our Stash SOS#413
My Heart is on Fire (or Valentine's Day)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great week!

Carol

18 comments:

Claire said...

Oh oh... I love all those bright little bitty hearts, they are hella cute lol. These two cards are going to make your neighbours grandsons smile and feel a bit special, what a wonderful thing to do for them... you rock x

jimlynn said...

Both are darling and they're going to love them. Love all those tiny hearts! And no, Valentines don't have to be red at all. Love yours.
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Super stunning cards love those tiny tiny hearts added, so special and gorgeous..x

MiamiKel said...

Oh Carol, I love them both ! This would be a ME valentine! (maybe that means I'm a kid at heart) :) They are just precious and I love your lawn fawn images!

cotnob said...

Fun Valentine cards Carol, perfect for youngsters.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Both cards are so cute and will be much loved by the kiddo's receiving them! Valentines Day cards most definitely does not have to be red! I love how colorful the first card is with all the pops of color added with your Copics but the hamster card steals the show for me! So stinkin cute!!! TFS and have a great day! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are wonderful and I agree, Valentines can be any color, OR all the colors like you did. In your first card. I do love the pun in the second one too. My nieces and nephews would love that one.

Deb said...

Both stunning, I always love when you can make 2 cards in one by using negative die cuts.
Debxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an absolute delight these cards are, the children will be thrilled with the colours and design I'm sure.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! You have coloured all those tiny hearts on the first card! How many patience and precision! :D LOVE very much the effect, so colourful and just perfect with the sentiment!! I have that LF crayon stamps and dies set, very unused, thanks for the inspiration!
It's great that you made two cards with the same big heart (no waste!! :D ), also the second one is adorable with the embossed hearts, the tiny stamps and that super cute hamster! I'm sure that your friends/neighbour's sons will be happy to receive your sweet cards!!
Hugs

Stampsnob. said...

Both are cute Love the tiny hearts lot of work though........Lis

Maria said...

Very cute Valentine cards! I’m sure the little ones will appreciate them! Love the Lawn Fawn images and the heart embossed backgrounds!

Verna Angerhofer said...

The kids will love them. I know I sure do. So cute!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I see some major therapy going on with coloring all those tiny hearts! So awesome! Our wheelie friend always gives me a giggle. Just precious. Well done, my friend.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Both fun cards love the embossing and little colourful hearts and of course the cute little hamster.
carol x

Janice M said...

OMGosh Carol these are adorable!! I specially LOVE that first one and the way you colored the hearts different colors. Think I might have to see about that embossing folder?! I'm sure the kids will Love them!

Chana Malkah said...

Both projects are brilliantly composed and executed!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT