Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year Treats


We're meeting up with my husbands siblings/spouses at our local diner for lunch today to celebrate the new year. I always enjoy making little favors for people, so I found an old DCWV 12x12 pad of card stock and decided this was the perfect occasion to use it. I chose the pieces that are silver and black with glitter and made little "bags" to hold a lottery ticket and a coordinating matchbook with a Ghiradelli candy inside. Oops! I tied up all the bags without taking photos of the matchbooks! The image is from SU! Antique tags - I've had it for years but never used it, so I finally got it inky. I colored it with markers and die-cut it along with a colorful mat with Gina Marie Designs postage stamp dies. I made 2 blue, 2 pink, and 2 red and tied them all up with some sparkly silver ribbon.



Here they are, ready to go. Sorry for the wonky photos - we have no sunshine today, had none yesterday and I don't think we had any the day before yesterday either, so this was taken with my overhead dining room light and it didn't help to brighten the photos at all unfortunately.

I hope you all had a safe and fun New Year's eve celebration last night. I was in bed by 10 (party pooper I know) but I've ushered in enough new years in my lifetime to know that it's always the same song and dance - just with different characters putting on the show and new numbers for the new year :) Note to self * write 2020 on the first few checks in the checkbook

May you all have a happy, healthy and blessed new year in 2020. For those who are dealing with ill health, sadness, or loss;
 I hope you find peace and comfort in the new year as well.
One foot in front of the other - just breathe!

Carol

16 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love your little treats, and I hope you have a wonderful lunch with family! Peace and Joy to you in 2020.

Liz said...

These are wonderful, Carol. What a lovely idea for New Year treat bags. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have always brilliant ideas and make them in fabulous way, Carol!! Such amazing bags!The vintage stamps are delicious and a perfect mix with the postage stamps diecuts and the amazing papers!!! These bags are so elegant, the glittered details and beautiful patterns of the papers make the stamps pop!! Such fab ideas putting in them a lottery ticket and a chocolate!!
Hope you have had a lovely time today! Happy New Year full of positivity and health!
Big hugs!

cotnob said...

Fabulous treat bags Carol, a lovely idea.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and crafty New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda in IN said...

Happy New Year to you, Carol. I hope you had a pleasant visit and I'm sure they all liked their fun treat bags. That is a great stamp you used.

Stampsnob. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020........Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful treat bags.

Maria said...

Wonderful new year treat bags! So thoughtful and sweet!

aussie aNNie said...

Happy New Year and a great display here to start it off..hugs.

MiamiKel said...

Carol, Happy New Year! What gorgeous little treats these are - for the eyes! Fabulous stamps, I don't believe I"ve seen them before. Lovely use of the creative process! Here's to 2020!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your little gifts, I enjoy making them too. I suspect your siblings and partners in law, were looking forward to them and were thrilled to have them too.
I like your One foot etc, I'll take that advice :)
Happy New Year Carol.
Faith x

Wendy said...

OMGosh, these are just the cutest, Carol! I love the idea of a lottery ticket inside along with a little sweet treat! I will have to remember this! Great use of paper and stamps! Well done and I sure hope the siblings enjoyed them! Happy New Year to you guys! One foot in front of the other is wonderful advice! Hugs~

jimlynn said...

Love your little treats and know the family loved them too! Hope you had a good time.
I've realized there's no way for me to ever catch up but yes, I did have a great mini vacation - and going to be gone again next week too (family stuff though and not fun). Hope you have a wonderful new year Carol and I'll try and do the same.

crafty-stamper said...

Hope you enjoyed your lunch and love the little favour bags -great stamp and stamp die.
We were in bed for half ten BUT fireworks were worse than firewok and went on for twenty minutes non-stop and some of the loudest bangs!!!(another party pooper lol)Best wishes for the New Year
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Your treat bags are absolutely adorable!! What a really fun image and a perfect way to use up those paper packs too!! Yeah, that changing of the numbers thing is something to get used to every year, isn't it?! LOL!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful treat bags! Happy New Year! I love that postage stamp die!