Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas


Here's the card I made for my husband for Christmas. I used some SU! dies for the trees and stars and  added some liquid applique for snow. The deer were cut with IO dies, and the hillsides were done with Lawn Fawn dies and each piece was embossed with a SU! softly falling ef. The sentiment is by Die Versions. Every element on my card (except for the large white background) was made from snippets, including the glittered stars.

I'll enter this into the Snippets Playground #368


We always give our trusted auto mechanic a gift at Christmas because he's so honest and dependable. We gave him cash this year and I made this little envelope with Cherry Cobbler card stock, a snippet of matching plaid paper, and a Kaisercraft die cut "Merry Christmas" on the front. He never eats sweets (I wonder how he resists??) so we give him what everyone can always use :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great time and the basket of treats went over well - I came home with a couple matchboxes and one calendar, so I was glad I made enough for everyone.

I'll be back soon with pictures of those calendars, but in the meantime, enjoy this special time of the year and thanks for taking time from your busy lives to come visit me here. It's always so nice to have you!

Carol

15 comments:

Maria said...

Wonderful scene with the deer and trees! Pretty embossed background for the snow, too! I’m sure your husband appreciated the beautiful card! And, how sweet to reward the mechanic.with an awesome envelope and gift! Happy New Year!

KandA said...

Fabulous christmas card, I love the little deer xx

AlisonC said...

This is a lovely peaceful image on your card and I always like plaid and tartan. So Christmassy!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are wonderful.
Faith x

Di said...

Wonderful card for your husband Carol - such a beautiful scene. And your money holder in plaid is brilliant as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card you created for Butch, and just perfect for a man, too! Your gift card holder is perfect as well with that gorgeous plaid paper! You cannot go wrong with cash! I did that this year with a bunch of gift cards. Let them shop for the things they want! Both are really wonderful cards! Excited to see your calendars! Happy Holidays, my friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the die-cut deer and great little gift envelope
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

What a perfect card for hubby! I just love the snowfall over the entire scene and your liquid applique over the trees was very clever too! What a nice gift idea for your mechanic! Your money holder is festive and classy! So happy to hear that everyone received one of your gorgeous makes and you had a great time! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such sweet and peaceful card you made for Butch! Adorable! Love the cute deers and the liquid appliqué for snow on the trees is a fabulous touch! The embossed snow-hills have a great dimension, I have to remember this! :D You are always so creative and inspiring!!
Your mechanic surely has been happy, some money are always welcome! :D
Waiting the pics of the calendar that were in your basket ;)
Big hugs!

Mrs A. said...

A lovely card for your hubby. I always like to see a bit of plaid at Christmas time. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Carol. The scene you've created is so pretty. The money envelope is lovely too. xx

Claire said...

Oooh you can't go wrong with a card featuring deer/stags especially for the males in our life. I love the addition of the applique which really brings the trees to life making a wonderful wintry scene x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and great scene. I am sure he loved it too.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a nice scene and I do like that liquid appliqué for the snow. Really nice of your to gift your mechanic some Christmas cash too. I am sure he appreciated it!

scrappymo! said...

Great card, Carol, and a lovely thought to gift the mechanic a $ envelope! Well done you!

Good luck in the Extra Challenge draw at Rudolph Days!