Friday, December 20, 2019

Christmas Favors


I've been busy making a basket of favors to take to the Christmas dinner we're invited to with a very large family. I've always taken treats, but this year I decided to throw in a few calendars for those who don't eat candy. When I figure out how to edit photos, I'll share pics of the calendars. This photo has lots of shadows, but you get the idea. There are not only calendars, but matchbooks that hold Ghiradelli candies as well as treat boxes that also hold either 2 Hershey snack bars or 2 mini Kit Kat bars.


These are the snack bar containers where I used lots of snippets of dsp and many assorted dies. For the one on the left I used a Li'l Inker stitched rectangle in white, and placed a die-cut Poppy Shasta twig, dotted with red liquid pearls. The center piece has a Frantic Stamper die-cut stag with a little red Geo Sparkler sticker for a red nose. The one on the right has a white die-cut panel done with a Gina Marie Designs stitched scalloped oval along with 2 Lawn Fawn stitched die-cut snowflakes. I added 2 tiny silver stickers to the centers of the snowflakes. Each box was tied with either ribbon or twine. Another one shown in the basket has a candy cane die from a SU! Square Pillowbox Framelit set of dies. I could sit for hours and make treat containers like this, and it's a great way to use all those snippets of ribbon and paper we all have in our stash!

I used a tutorial found HERE to make these containers. They're designed for one snack bar, but I managed to get 2 into each box :)

I'm sharing this with the DiesRUs Challenge #135 which is "anything Christmas"

This might be my last post before Christmas, so if I don't make it back before then, I wish you all a wonderful season of joy and happiness with many blessings in your lives! Thanks for being such great friends and visiting me when you can. I hope to be a better blogger once I have time to settle down and do some problem solving with this new operating system! Thanks for your patience in the meantime :)

Carol

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are such great gifts! And also a great use of your holiday dies and snippets of holiday paper! Hope you have a great Christmas!

Brenda in IN said...

A wonderful way to use up scraps and give a happy gift too. Great idea and very sweet of you. I'm wishing you a terrific holiday with your family and good health and happiness in the coming year. Good luck, also, with your new computer software.

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful, what great ideas for using up those little scraps!!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too! We'll be in Boyertown tomorrow to celebrate John's family's Christmas...I'll wave as we go by! ♥

jimlynn said...

Carol, all of these are wonderful ideas for little gifts and I know they're going to be appreciated so much! Lots of fun candy and cute, cute wrappings. Love the calendars too. I still haven't made mine for this next year! Have a wonderful and warm Christmas!
Hugs, Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a lovely basket full of sweet gifts, you surely has been very busy with that large family! :D Great use of your scraps!! Any gift bag is different and love the calendars too!
I wish to you and Butch a very Peaceful and Joyful Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year!!! :)
Big hugs and blessings!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Carol, that's a ton of crafty Christmas favors! What a cute idea for the calendars and your little treat boxes! They all look adorable and I'm sure people will be very grateful to receive one! :) Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Claire said...

I love your little favours you do for various occasions throughout the year. Loving the addition of the little calendars, they're super handy to pop in a handbag. And you know I adore the ways in which you give sweeties as treats wrapped in awesome tiny packages x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful basket full of goodies Carol, sure is a treat for the dinner. Like the idea of the calendars too.x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! You sure have been ambitious. I am lucky I got all my cards done. These treat packages are so well designed and perfect. Calendars are great too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful basketful of gifts, everyone will love them I'm sure and look forward to what you have this year.
Faith x

Mrs A. said...

A basket of beautiful items. I like the pretty candy bar holders. Lots of snippets used on them. Hope you have a lovely Christmas . Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy said...

You've been killing it with all those lovely treats, Carol! I love seeing what you create! These are all wonderful and will make everyone happy to get one! TFS! Merry Christmas to you! Hugs~

Birgit said...

What a darling idea to spread joy to all! These are lovely and so thoughtful of you to think of everyone. I'm sure they'll all be thrilled! Thanks for linking up to the DRU "Christmas" challenge. Best of luck to you!

JD/ Jill said...

Some really cute ideas there. I'm sure they were really a hit at the Christmas dinner!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

Great little treay boxes and useful to use up all those scraps too-given me a great idea for the class when Holly leaves her school in July to go to High school
Carol x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great treat holders, CAROL! Love the dimension that the added doo dads add!