Thursday, November 21, 2019

It's Getting Cold Out!


I'm the first to admit it - I have a snarky sense of humor. When I recently spotted this new digi from Whimsy Stamps (by Dustin Pike) I had to have it! After printing it, I colored it with Copics, stamping some snowflakes with an older SU! stamp and added some Frosty Stickles to the bottom for some sparkly snow. I enhanced the er....um.....fart.......with some liquid pearls and stickles and die-cut the panel with a MFT stitched square die. I stamped some white snowflakes on the kraft card base, adding a dot of Stickles to the visible one for some sparkle. I die-cut the sentiment panel with a Chalk Talk framelit die from SU! and called this one done.

I had a request for some snarky cards from a customer, so I made another card with this image.


For this one, I used some Island Indigo card stock, and some retired SU! dsp. I used a snowflake punch from Martha Stewart to make the snowflake which I covered with Wink of Stella and adhered with a foam dot. I fussy cut one of the images from the dsp and adhered it to the top along with a frosty clear gem. The banners were done with a retired SU! mini punch using the flip side of the dsp and adorned with more frosty gemstones. The sentiment is slightly different from the first card, as the letters are outlined, so I colored them in with a blue glitter pen.

I'm entering the first card into the following challenges:

Cardz4Guyz#233 - Icy Cold

Cuttlebug Mania - Animals

I'll enter the second card into 

the  2 CraftyCritterCrazies November challenge - use a critter on your card

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Carol

27 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Carol fabulous fun image and sentiment
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

HA HA HA!! I think this one is too cute and funny and I'm so happy to see you had fun with it Caorl! ;) I love your added sparkle to the fart!! LOL!! Really cute design and of course it's complete with that sentiment!! Thanks for the chucklet today!! HUGS

Darnell said...

Bwahaha, Carol! You and me both, sister! This is hysterical! And pretty, too, with the prints and snowflakes and great coloring! Your customer and all the recipients will love this card!! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Carol, these did make me laugh out loud, I love them they are my sense of humour LOL. Super work of colouring.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, so fun! I am still giggling over these cute cards.

Ina G said...

That image and sentiment is so fun-eeeeeeeeee. Love both your cards Carol and those er..um.. farts... with the extra 'lumps' fabulous!!!

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness!!! I'm thinking I MUST have this! Too funny and I love both of your cards! The Stickles just add to the um....fart. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Claire said...

Oh Carol, we both love some snark and this is as snarky as can be and its superb. I linked up to Cardz for Guyz, spotted this and laughed not realising it was you... I laughed again when I realised who the designer was. It's priceless x

MiamiKel said...

haha these are so cute! Fun card and lovely coloring!

Maria said...

Oh, such a fun beautiful card, Carol!! Love the cute deer and fun sentiment!! Hehehe...well done!!:))

Wendy said...

OMGosh, how stinkin cute, Carol! Surely made me crack up! These are both so cute and I love how you made them each different! Love all the sparkle and that sentiment is so hilarious! Thanks for the laugh this morning! Happy Friday, my friend! :)

Jannie said...

Funny card but please read or guidelines to enter

Cuttlebugs & hugs
Jannie

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, this is so much fun! Two cards to make anyone laugh out loud and bring a smile to their face.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lol, I saw this image recently and it is too funny. I’m not 100% certain who I would give it to, but definitely a “cool” card! Hope you are doing well!

jimlynn said...

Oops.....forgot to tell you - thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. I'm still smiling over these cards!
Lynn

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

They came out great! LOL! Super cute.

Mrs A. said...

So funny. The expression is hilarious. Snarky indeedy. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, such a fun image and sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sian said...

Hahah! I LOVE these cards. They really made me laugh. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

aussie aNNie said...

hahaha am cracking up laughing at these fabulous cards and sentiment Carol, what a 'gas'. Also thanks for your sweet comment, you made my day re Monte as I miss him and wondered if I was too hard on sending him to boot camp but he has pulled and knocked me over several times while walking causing injury...time will tell, it's costing us enough for the three weeks so it better work...will also be up to us when he gets home...hugs.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Opppssss..... Ha ha ha!!! :D :D
I have never seen a deer fart snowflakes! LOL :D How fun wintery cards!!
You have made me laught so much!! :D

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Carol, fixed the issue you mentioned to me...thanks.
Yes, my back garden is full of gardenias and the scent is just beautiful. Unfortunately they don't stay nice in flower for long and I keep pulling the dead ones off for the new ones to bloom....same with my front garden with camellia and azaelia plants.xx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Oh my goodness so cute and funny!

aussie aNNie said...

Re the gardenia's Carol, I should be dead by now then, I was always told white lilies resemble death, well I have those too, still strong and kicking.xx

Julie B said...

Love the snarky sentiment, perfect for our latest theme!
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Stampsnob. said...

Made me giggle...........Lis

Swissie said...

Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT