Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Pet Sympathy


I needed to make a pet sympathy card and this is the result. I used a PTI stamp set for this (2008) and die-cut 2 stitched hearts for the main panel. The background is a soft printed dsp in pastel shades of pink, blue, and white, and I embossed it with a Darice Paw Print background ef. On the large heart I stamped some soft paw prints with a $1 set of stamps I've had for years) and Platinum ink to give a soft look. If you click to enlarge the photo, you can see that detail. The sentiment panel was cut with a Chalk Talk framelit die from SU! and stamped with Smokey Slate ink, and I added a tiny stitched die cut heart for an accent. I added a strip of silvery sheer ribbon beneath the heart and cut the ends into fishtails, and for the final touch I added some tiny pale pink Nuvo drops randomly.

I'm entering this into the Retro Rubber Challenge rrcb122 which is "sketch time" and uses the following sketch...

RRCB 122

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol


15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! So sad to have to send out cards like this but I know whoever it goes to will appreciate it. I love the softness of the card and those little paw prints inside the heart.
Great take on the sketch!
Lynn

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a very sweet sympathy card. The paw prints on the heart are very touching! A very sad occasion.

*Vicki* said...

This is so soft and beautiful Carol! These have to be the hardest cards to make. I adore that embossed paw print background and your heartfelt sentiment with this!! HUGS

Liz said...

Lovely card, Carol. It's not easy to create a card for a sad occasion such as this, but your card is perfect. I love the subtle paw prints on the heart. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card design for such a sad occasion.

Brenda said...

It's sad that you had to make this sympathy Carol, sad when we have to do any kind of sympathy card. But you did it up right. I love the calmness of this dog sympathy. The DSP paper is beautiful and looks great with the embossing. I love the hearts because we know our little furbabies live in our hearts. The sentiment is perfect in the platinum ink, it really does give a soft look. Hugs, Brenda

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I totally agree with that sentiment and your card is so sweet! Love the design with that embossed panel and the big heart with the paw prints!
Hugs

Claire said...

What a lovely and special card to send someone whose lost a pet. I love the subtle paw prints across the hearts and what an awesome embossing folder. It's so sad when we loose our furbabies, I was absolutely heartbroken when I lost my cat so I hope your card helps with the hurt x

Jan Clothier said...

This is just perfect for the sad occasion for which you needed it. I love that you kept the colours soft rather than oppressive and dark. The paw prints and paw print embossing make for lovely details. The heart is a good way to use the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

cotnob said...

A pretty card Carol, so soft and delicate.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

So pretty and how thoughtful to create this type of card. You did a wonderful job on this, Carol! Love the colors and the pretty embossing folder.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry you had to make one of these cards. Animals are such a joy. Love how you did it in pastels.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion -love the embossed pawprints
Carol x

creative lady said...

Nice card for such a sad occasion. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Carol L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.