Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Halloween Treats


I thought I'd share the few treats I made this year to hand out to my friends for Halloween. We haven't gotten trick-or-treaters for years, but I enjoy making little treats, so I make these for those we deal with routinely, like bank tellers, grocery clerks, Costco greeters, cashiers, etc. Adults like and enjoy getting little surprise treats too :)
This is a matchbox treat holder, and here's the inside...


They hold Ghiradelli candies, or in my case I filled them with WaWa coffee thins. You can use a multitude of card stock and dsp to make these, adding embellishments to your heart's content. Here's the tutorial I use to make mine.


Here are 3 more, one with a MB die-cut spider; next is a skeleton done with a SSS stencil and Brutus Monroe glittered embossing paste that actually glows in the dark! I added a couple stickers for fun. The one on the right makes use of some fun Debbie Mumm dsp.


For these I've used a SU! Tags for You stamp set and matching punch, some IO ghost dies and Lawn Fawn bat dies.


3 more...


I made this die cut crate last year and added a Darice BOO! die-cut along with some big googlie eyes and stuck a couple matchboxes in there for a little table decoration.


Here's a couple sour cream box treats made for my friend's grandsons. I always make a few of these every year because they're so fun to make! Does anyone remember those old retired SU! tag punches? I used them to add the Halloween tags to the top.  Here's the tutorial to make these.



And finally, here's an envelope punch board gift bag filled with candy corn and tied up with orange ribbon and a SU! stamped/punched tag. Here's the tutorial for this.

With Halloween just a day away, I thought I'd share all  the treats I've made this year.

I'll add one of these treats to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "anything goes."

Thanks for stopping by and don't get into too much mischief tonight :) 

Carol

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my! You have been busy, Carol! I was in my glory just reading your post and looking at your treats as you posted them! WOW, WOW, WOW! I love them all! They are all different and so perfect for Halloween! And YES, adults love getting a treat, too! TFS and have a spooky BOO Day!

Christine Kiehl said...

Delightful!

jimlynn said...

Everything is just so fun and wonderful - and I can vouch for that too! Love all the little holders for goodies. I know everyone appreciates it too.
Fun times!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! You've been so busy making these really fun Halloween treats!! How cool that you hand these out to people too! The matchbooks are so adorable and I just love the fun papers and everything you've used to make these fun treat containers! Thanks for sharing the tutorials!! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Adults do enjoy sweet treats, for sure! This is a great assortment!

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea and love all the little treat holders -we get quite a few trick or treaters as there a quite a few young ones in our area
Carol x

Liz said...

These are just wonderful, Carol. I'm sure the recipients will be delighted to receive them. xx

Brenda said...

I love all your little treat gifts Carol! Of course adults like to get a little surprise too. I used to make them for the kids and adults at school myself and the adults were always excited to get a little treat too. You have made some good ones. Love matchbook treat holders, sour cream ones were my favorite at one time-I think they are just so cool looking to me. You can never go wrong with the envelope punch board with making a treat holder. Your crate is adorable and perfect for holder a few extra treat holders for when someone stops by. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Claire said...

Yay matchbox treat holders... I knew you'd make up a batch of these adorable pouches for Halloween and I love seeing the different designs and patterns you use... I'm loving the little skeleton chappie, he's a charming character. Lots of awesome makes x

Vicki Burdick said...

All of them are super cue, love the crate with the Boo and that die cut spider!!! Adorable!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are all so cute. And how thoughtful of you to make little treats to give to friends and businesses you go to. I know they would be pleasantly surprised!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant post and fabulous design, trying to play 'catch up' after being away.xx

Stampsnob. said...

Perfect. Fun ... Will make trick or treaters happy .................Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so sweet of you to remember those you do business with. I used to do that when I was still working in town. I sure like all the projects that you made.

Mrs A. said...

What a wonderful display of Halloween gifts and such a lovely idea to give them out as treats for the public that you meet . I bet they were not only surprised but thrilled to be given one. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are so creative, Carol! :) How many different treat boxes! And for adults, too! I think you are very popular in your town! :D Great designs! I have never seen embossing paste that glows in the dark, but it seems being so fun! Love your crate with the googling eyes and also the sour cream boxes and the tiny tags!
Hugs!

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of Halloween gifts Carol, a wonderful idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x