Thursday, September 12, 2019

Another 80th Birthday Card


I have 2 dear friends who both turn 80 this year - one in August and one in September. I posted the previous card in July HERE, and today I'm sharing the 2nd one I made which will go out in the mail in a couple days. I used the same SU! Manhattan Floral stamp set, stamping the rose twice on Razzleberry card stock with Versamark, then heat embossing it with white ep, and fussy cutting it in layers and popping it up with foam tape. The leaves were snippets of green, folded over and run through the paper crimper and cut into the shapes of leaves. The embossed background is the SU! matching ef to this stamped image, and for this one I added a chalk-talk black die cut sentiment panel that was heat-embossed with the sentiment. I used some silver/white twisted glittered twine around the card, adding a tiny double bow and then die-cut the "80" with I.O. dies and some silver glittered card stock. For the final touch, I randomly added some tiny silver beads for a little sparkle.

I'll add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - which is to
bling it on" - add bling


Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Carol and love the embossed flower
carol x

jimlynn said...

Another gorgeous card using that flower die. Absolutely beautiful and your friend will love it. Love the subtle embossing and the addition of the tiny beads.
Lynn

Wendy said...

Another beautiful card, Carol! Love this rose and the stamp set! A friend gifted me with it and I don't think I have ever used it! Yikes! This rose is beautiful in this color and I love that you cut it out and layered it! And those leaves....love that idea and the texture the crimper adds to them! Well done and so pretty! Have a great day! Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness this is really stunning! Love the floral over that gorgeous embossed background! That is a huge milestone and one to be celebrated!! I think they'll fall in love with these! :) HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very beautiful and I love the crimped leaves. And, I am glad to say that after seeing that other card you made I searched and did find my crimper too. So I might have to try making a few crimped leaves one of these days again too. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

Claire said...

Oooh that razzleberry certainly makes a fab flower with the contrast of the white embossing. I like the effect of the matching embossing folder as a subtle backdrop, looks rather classy x

Stampsnob. said...

A gorgeous card . Your friend will love it ……….. Lis

cotnob said...

A stunning card Carol, I love the combination of the stamped and embossed flowers - such an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda in IN said...

That razzelberry color is really beautiful and made such a gorgeous rose. This is a special birthday card for your friend.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The rose done in that color looks like velvet. So pretty! Again with the amazing leaves, just adore them.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! The layered rose you have stamped and fussy cut is so gorgeous!! You know that I love so much your leaves, I have to buy a striped paper crimper!! LOL :D
The embossed background is just a perfect match and the twine add sweetness!! Another fabulous birthday card that surely will make smile your friend!!
Have a lovely weekend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, bet she loved it.
Faith x

JD/ Jill said...

This is really beautiful! This card will be treasured!