Monday, August 19, 2019

Masculine Thank-you Card


When I cut into a sheet of 6x6 dsp, there's always a small strip left over, and of course I save them as I hate to throw them away. These papers are from the SU! woodgrain collection I bought last year and I found I had enough strips to create this card for the guys. I made a herringbone technique design with them, and after each piece was adhered, I used a Lil Inker stitched rectangle to cut the piece, then followed with a Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder to give it some texture. I very lightly sponged the embossed sections with Antique Linen ink to age it just a wee bit, and then added a KaiserCraft "Thank You" die cut and placed the panel on a neutral color card stock base, adding some Gina Marie Designs enamel dots for the finishing touch. I like how this turned out and fully intend to make a few more to keep on hand.

I'm sharing this with the Snippets Playground Challenge #359 - which is to use your snippets.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great Monday to kick off a new week!

Carol

16 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think you have outdone even yourself with this snippets card! That is such a great pattern with the wood papers, I would think of copying it using NOT my scraps! Well done!

Ina G said...

Wow! what a brilliant cas card Carol. Love the design and the embossing. Gorgeous male colours.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wicked cool! I'm with Heidi, this is CASE worthy.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great pattern with all those pretty papers and colors. Looks like a fantastic quilt.

Claire said...

That's clever and very impressive. I like the fact that you added the embossing and inking to really make it stand out and it does, brilliant masculine card x

aussie aNNie said...

wowzer and all the above comments point to a fabulous make.xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great card, Carol! It is funny, but as I sit here looking around, with all the things I have in this room, I am always lacking in browns. That made this card even more delightful for me to see. Nice job!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

VERY impressive use of "scraps" Carol, love the card and the embossing really shows it off. Fabulous work.
Faith x

Wendy said...

This card is wonderful, Carol! I love all the texture that the wood paper & embossing folder together give this card! Such a fabulous design for a masculine card! Don't ya just love that Wood DSP? Always perfect for making masculine cards! Love this one! TFS and stay cool! I am hoping these dog days of summer are soon over!

Stampsnob. said...

I love what can be done with snippets and this is no exception...……………...Lis

*Vicki* said...

Oh how I admire you for your uses of the left over strips! I always keep mine too but never seem to do anything with them! I absolutely love this! I love that you've went over the pattern with an embossing folder too! Nicely done!! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Great design and use of scraps-great inspiration.Thank you for the lovely thoughtful comment on my post.
Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, Carol, this is amazing. Makes me want to try to use some of my snipets. Really well done! Love it! Hugz

Di said...

Really great card Carol! I just love how you used those strips and the embossing is so great to pull it all together as well.

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a super way to use your left over strips of paper.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x