Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Masculine Birthday Card



Recently I made this thank you card and liked it so much, I knew I'd be making more with this design. I made a herringbone designed background with strips of leftover dsp from a SU! woodgrain paper pack, and after I adhered them all on a piece of copy paper, I embossed it with a Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder to add to the wooden look. I die cut it with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle and sponged it with some Distress Gathered Twigs ink. The sentiment is by Lil Inker and I die-cut 3 of them, layering them on top of one another for some texture. I placed it on a PTI Soft Stone card stock base, and added 3 enamel gems from Gina Marie Designs in neutral colors.

I'm sharing this with the Cardz4Guyz Challenge #227 which is "celebrate." I put a birthday sentiment inside this one.

Also sharing with the CCEE Stampers CCEE1932 challenge which is Embossing (wet or dry) and add some bling.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is going well for you!

Carol

16 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

I've always liked your herringbone backgrounds. I really how great it looks on this masculine card!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, love how the background looks like wood with that stencil..Queen of stencils you are. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have done so well repeating the design of your previous card, this background looks amazing!! A perfect look for a masculine card!! Love the herringbone pattern of this one even more than the last!
Hugs

jimlynn said...

Love the herringbone background for this wonderful masculine card. Great choice on paper too!
Lynn

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Carol, such a good idea to emboss your panel after you had created it - a super masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Loved the last one and LOVE this too, such a clever card Carol.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Yes, I need to remember this as I have TONS of those papers and it looks really cool in a harringbone pattern for sure! Love that you've ran it all through the woodgrain embossing folder too!! Awesome card for anyone really! ;) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Stampsnob. said...

Gorgeous background Loving this card ………….Lis

Donna said...

Such a stunning card, and the woodgrain embossing is fabulous, ohh I can't wait to play with my scraps! great inspiration Carol!

Maria said...

Oh, I like the herringbone background, so creative! A fab masculine card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the first one you did with the leftovers and this card is equally fantastic. I love it.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great use of all those woody scraps! Looks awesome , and I do like sentiments stacked for dimension.

Wendy said...

Your herringbone technique cards are always the best, Carol! I love this! The wood paper and the woodgrain EF add so much texture! These would be great to have on hand for any unexpectant birthdays that would come up! Well done!!! TFS and have a great day! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Carol and great use of leftovers
Carol x

Helen said...

A really great idea for a background - it looks really effective.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x