Monday, July 15, 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #18 Garden




The prompt for the Twofer challenge #18 this month is "garden" and what's better in a garden than some pretty flowers, namely some colorful roses?


I made a birthday card with tangerine roses and a get well card with distress ink lemonade roses.


I started with a SU! set called "Healing Hugs, stamping the roses in Tangerine Tango ink and adding leaves done with Memento Cottage Ivy ink. The SNSS sentiment was heat-embossed with white on black; rounding 2 corners and adding some orange gemstones for interest. The stems were done with a SU! Fifth Avenue Floral stamp and colored in with Tombow markers. I thought of hand-drawing some thorns on them, but then decided that was a bad idea as I'm not good with drawing much of anything :)


This is called a "Fun Fold" card and I found the tutorial by Patty Bennett here.
I used some SU! granny apple green card stock and matching dsp, along with the healing hugs stamp set, but I did NOT properly follow the instructions for attaching the ribbon which is supposed to be tied to keep the card closed. DUH! I'd already adhered the front panel, so I improvised and just tied a loose piece of yellow gingham ribbon around the card into a knot to hold the card closed. I decided I needed a little bit of ribbon in the top corner to balance things out, so I used a glue dot to attach that little snippet.


Here's what it looks like completely opened with a large area for writing your own sentiment, as well as a small area for the stamped sentiment.

I'm entering these into the Twofer Challenge #18 which is "Garden."

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic Monday!

Carol

19 comments:

Lori said...

What fabulous cards! Love your tangerine roses and the design of your fun fold card!

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards but love the apple green and lemon colour combo
carol x

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! You know I love that Healing Hugs set and a fun fold card! Both of your cards are so pretty and different from one another. Love the colors and the design on each! Carol, you did a beautiful job on these! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful cards, my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness Carol, these look so VERY different, Great and beautiful stamping and cards.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous cards, Carol, the first one looks so elegant and I'm impressed by the second one with that fun fold, wow!! Two very different makes and both very well constructed, your talent always shines!! You have solved brilliantly the problem with the closure, well done!!
Hugs

Stampsnob. said...

Both are lovely The fold on the Get Well is awesome...………….Lis

Claire said...

Oooh two beautiful bold cards, the yellow is my favourite and I absolutely love the awesome hidden sentiment. Nice take on the twofer challenge with these two super cards x

Liz said...

Two wonderful cards, Carol. I especially love the fold on the second, thanks for the link to the instructions. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your garden of roses are so beautiful. Wonderful card designs.

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are just lovely! Like the "happy" colors! I enjoyed my day outside today sitting on my backyard swing and reading...but with the heat wave coming our way...I guess I won't be doint that for a while.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That stamp has such great detail. I like both, but I am partial to fancy folds as I have such little patience in doing them!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning roses and the colours are just gorgeous. Brilliant designs.x

Darnell said...

These are such pretty designs, Carol! I love the fact that you used tangerine tango for the color of those full and gorgeous roses! The white heat-embossed sediment on a curved black panel and a threesome of bling is all this card needs so those roses can take center stage! And how fresh is that apple green plain and patterned paper? Love that color! It goes perfectly with the beautiful yellow roses and you did a great job using all the patterns together so well for your intricate fun fold get well design! I also love the gingham ribbon and the super sweet message on the inside! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

I had some apricot-colored roses in my garden that I adored. The buds were always the color of your pretty flowers. When I dug up a red rose next to it, the red one got mad and devoured the apricot one! Boohoo! Thank you for giving me a glimpse of my now-gone roses! Your birthday card is lovely, and I do love those little blings you've added to accentuate the tangerine color. And how cool is that birthday card?! Those papers are amazing, and the yellow roses, outside and in, look amazing! Very cool folds! Thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. : ) Bev

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Carol, they are both fabulous but I especially like the second one - a super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Brenda said...

Wow Brenda, what fabulous twofers. I love the rose image you used and I am loving the color of the tangerine roses. So pretty and such a great birthday card. I love the yellow one too, makes the song go off in my head, "Yellow Rose of Texas". lol That is such a fun card fold too! I love it and I love both of your cards. I might try and see if I can do something to join in the challenge. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Sorry Carol, I called you Brenda W. I'm going nuts I guess. Not sure why I thought I was on Brenda's blog, but I did. Loving these twofers my friend. Hugs, Brenda