Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Water Color Anniversary


 I've been adding to my stash of anniversary cards recently and here's one made with an old wooden stamp by Anita's Sugarloaf, Inc that I've had for ages. I stamped it with Versamark and heat-embossed it with white ep, then sponged some Pistachio distress ink all over the image. I had a negative cut from a Mama Elephant Park Avenue Framed Tag die, and used it to frame this image before placing it on some DCWV script designer paper. I found an old snippet of some black velvet ribbon which I added to the top left, along with a SU! heat-embossed sentiment done on a Lil Inker stitched die cut banner. I was going to add some Nuvo drops but I thought I'd leave it alone as I liked it just the way it is.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:


(I used the middle horizontal row. Pistachio is a pretty mix of blue & green, right?)



Thanks for checking in this Wednesday - I hope your day is a good one!

Carol

18 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Lovely card and like you say perfect as it is. I like the pastel colour. Hugs Mrs A.

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous design Carol! Really love the soft color in the background with the white embossed floral image!! The black details really make it stand out beautifully!! :) HUGS

Claire said...

Gorgeous Carol, gosh do I like that fresh minty green combined with the black... it's very elegant and the result is a very sophisticated Anniversary card x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is Gorgeous Carol, you didn't need anything else (in my mind), love the text background and the little bow.
Faith x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty, Carol. Great job on the challenges.

jimlynn said...

Yes, it's a mix of blue and green - and beautiful too! I love your card so much and glad you didn't add the nuvo drops too. It's pretty just as is! What a beautiful image too. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful with the water colored background and the white embossed image. I like the pattern paper and negative cut frame too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's very elegant!! Love the background and the frame with the black bow! It compliment so well the banner and the beautiful rose!
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

This is so pretty, love the stamp and some of the older ones are so nice. The embossing looks fabulous.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, a great idea to heat emboss your lovely stamp and ink the background - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

So beautiful, Carol! I love this technique and how your card tuned out! The Pistachio looks amazing against the black printed paper and makes that flower pop even more! Great job and TFS! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and embossed stamp love the shade of green
carol x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Ooo! The mint green and black combo is quite pretty! Anita’s Sugarloaf isn’t the same as Anita’s stamps, is it? If not, i haven’t heard of that company!

Heather said...

Oooo . . . this is beautiful!! I love the pop of pistachio against the black and white; so elegant!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card! I like the heat embossing.

Donna said...

What a beautiful card, glad you shared it with the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The House That Stamps Built. Donna DT

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! I love the pretty text background and those lovely embossed flowers! So happy you played along in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! I chose the middle row also! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!