Sunday, June 9, 2019

Father's Day Remake


You may recall this father's day card I posted recently for our neighbor.
Sadly, they lost their precious dachshund Maddy last week so I just don't have the heart to give him that card now. Perhaps in the future I'll share it with him, but the feelings are too raw right now to even consider it. We're all heartbroken that she's no longer with us :( 

I made another father's day card to give him instead.

   I went through my "doo-dad" box of snippets and everything used on this card came from that box except for the SU! woodgrain dsp used for the background. The CB Clockworks embossed panel was covered with Versamark, then clear-embossed, and has a shine to it. The fishtail banner was embossed with a SU! basketweave ef and sponged with some brown ink. The cogs were done with SB sprocket dies in foiled gold, black, and red glitter card stock and the father's day sentiment panel was already made with a white heat-embossed SU! sentiment in white. I don't have a die like that with stitching, so someone must have shared that with me and I don't know who makes the die.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:


Happy Little Stampers - June anything goes with dies


Thanks for taking time from your busy day to stop by, it's always appreciated. Have a great day!

Carol


17 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh no! So sorry for the loss of Maddy. I remember you talking about her. This card is amazing with all the embossed panels! I love how you sponged ink onto the Basket Weave panel. He will appreciate you thinking of him on Father's Day. Hugs~

MiamiKel said...

Such an awesome card, Carol!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh, I agree, that card would be too painful to receive at this time. I really like this one you’ve remade. The textures are great.

jimlynn said...

I'm so so very sorry about Maddy! Breaks my heart anytime someone loses a best friend like that. Wise decision not to give him that other card you created too. I'm afraid it'd bring back too many memories.
I love the card you made now for him though. Very masculine and wonderful. I know he'll appreciate it.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for the loss of that sweet doggie :( Pets always leave their paws on our hearts. You have done well to make another card!!! And this one is so beautiful with all the different textures and details, it's just perfect for a male!!
Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I know how they feel! I cried solidly for 2 days after ours passed on. Your card is lovely Carol and very masculine, love the embossing.
Faith x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Glad you switched it up, and this one is great. Maddy enjoyed her visits to your porch and her special treats. I know she will be missed by all.

Stampsnob. said...

This is very effective and very sweet of you to redo for his feelings ………...Lis

Christine said...

So sad to lose a pet....dogs are best friends really.....
Love the different card you've made.

Claire said...

Ah I do love cogs especially perfect for a masculine card. What a terrible sad time, its never easy saying goodbye to a beloved pet. They become part of the family so I'm sorry poor Maddy died, but I think she probably had the best life ever and will forever leave little paw prints with you all x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and so sad when someone has a loss..xx

cotnob said...

Another super Father's Day card Carol, lovely embossed panels.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

*Vicki* said...

Awe! That is so terribly sad and can understand your thinking about that. The texture on this design looks INCREDIBLE!! Love the way you've put together this layout and the masculine colors are perfect too!

Di said...

Oh how sad about Maddy. This is literally the third dog I've heard about in 24 hours, connected to people I care about. I agree you were right to remake the card - it will be much too raw for them right now. It's a beautiful card you remade (loved the original as well) - your Father's Day must be earlier than ours - unless Dudley missed it here!

Big hug as no doubt this has upset you as well.

Di xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sorry for your friend's loss but I am sure this card you made will bring a smile to his face. It is a wonderful card design.

crafty-stamper said...

Great Fathers day card love the embossing especially the embosed baner.Such a shame about Maddy!
Carol x

Susan Renshaw said...

Great use of snippets!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!