Thursday, April 11, 2019

Twofer #15 - Zoo Animals







The 10th of the month has once again rolled around and it's time for the Twofer Card Challenge #15. This time we're making cards with "zoo animals."

I chose to use a camel image, stamped and given to me by my friend who knows I crack up over this Geico camel every time it comes on TV! LOL 

Many years ago in a conversation with my husband, I was trying to say "Mike might" in a sentence, but I got tongue-tied and kept saying "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike" (several times) until  my husband and I were just hysterically laughing because the harder I tried to say it right, the more it kept coming out "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike" over and over again!  LOL I don't know if I've ever tried to use those two words together in a sentence since that day LOL

OK, on to my twofer...


If you watched the video link above, you already understand the first card :) Instead of "hump day" I made it into a birthday card by doing the inside like this:




The second card is a get well card with that silly camel "lookin' in on you" through the window. I know the card designs look similar, but they are definitely for two different occasions and I had fun making them and reflecting on some great memories.

Thanks for stopping by as always! May your day be filled with happy memories that bring you some good laughs :)

Carol

First Card: dark gold card, DCWV dsp from black & white paper pad, Lil inker stitched rectangles, Lil Inker stitched sentiment flag banners, sentiment done with stick stamps and black nuvo dots added to the banners with stamped question marks. Unknown Camel image colored with Copics, white glaze pen, and glossy accents to the eyes and nose, and enhanced with a fine black marker.
Inside: sentiment done with stick stamps, celebrate from Lil Inker, cut in gold and black and layered for dimension
Second Card: Die cut stitched window was a gift from a friend, colored with a blue Copic marker. Stamped birds from SNSS, ribbon from craft store, 3 blue eyelets from my stash, clouds sponged with tumbled glass distress ink, sentiment computer generated, camel colored like the first card.


24 comments:

Ina G said...

Two great Twofer cards Carol. Totally different layouts and so 'cool'. Love the sentiments.

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so fun and delightful. Sure to bring smiles. And, yes, I have watched that Geico commercial and laughed too. Great Twofers.

Leslie Miller said...

You're quick! And just look how cute these two are. I love this funny camel and your story just cracked me up. I can picture it! I'm so glad you played along with us at Twofer, Carol!

Claire said...

HeHe he's funny. Great colour scheme on the first card, love the type font and the little question marks you put on the tags. He really is just looking in on you, I can imagine the eyes following you on your second card, its brilliant x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This camel is really fun with that face, :D and your cards are both adorable!!
So glad you have a hilarious memory and I'm sure you made them giggling! :D
Big hugs!

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun cards and love the camel image
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

How adorable! I love your llamas! I love this theme - zoo animals - I hope to play along!

jimlynn said...

Now you have me saying Mike Mike!!!! Love the expression on that camel and both of your cards are darling!!! Precious.
Lynn

Wendy said...

OMGosh, these 2 cards cracked me up and then I read your story about the Mike Might and it came out Mike Mike Mike! Haha! I crack up everytime I see that commercial on tv! Now I will think of you! LOL Your camel is too cute on these cards and I love the sayings! Great job and thanks for the laugh, Carol! Made me smile! Hugs~

Loll said...

I can see why you love this camel image, Carol! He is so AWESOME! You can't help but laugh when you see him. Two great designs, both that fit the sentiment perfectly. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, I just love your camel.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, these are fun, Carol! Love the camel and your super fun story! Those laughter moments are the best. GREAT cards! Hugz

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now it seems that this fun camel is a hit! These are the cutest cards, my friend. I too love the question marks on the side flags, on the first one. Also he looks great peeking in that window! Let me know if you want me to stamp more! Ya did good!

Stampsnob. said...

OMG and it isn't Wednesday These are so cute ………….Lis

Brenda said...

OMGosh, thanks for the laugh today Carol! I loved that commercial too, cracked me up each and every time it came on. I also had a good chuckle over your "mike might" tongue-tied episode. Too funny, but we all have been there-there is some phrase or word that tongue ties up our mouths! lol I love how your twofer's came out!!!! I LOVE that image!!!I think both of your card are very different in so many ways Carol, you were very clever with them and I adore them! Hugs, Brenda

*Vicki* said...

LOL! YES! I remember and have lately seen that Gieco commercial on TV and I do the same thing every time it comes on: "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike!" LOL! Too funny and glad to know I'm not the only one!! :) Your cards are too cute with that giraffe image! These are such cute ideas Carol!! Have a happy weekend!

Brenda in IN said...

My son calls me every Wed. to ask that question! We get such a kick out of that commercial. Your cards are the greatest and that face is adorable. Love the sentiments for both cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Mike Mike! LOVE them, awesome cards and such fun too.
Faith x

Darnell said...

I love your cards, Carol, and karacked up over your Mike, Mike, Mike story! That kind of laughter is good for the soul! I love that Wednesday being hump day has become a part of the lexicon and your guy looks JUST like Mike! Too fun to feature him framed on your birthday card and lookin' in on a sick friend through that beautiful window on your get well card! Great sky and birds, too! You really paid a lot of attention to the details!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

That is an awesome camel, Carol! What a perfect, fun birthday card! It makes a perfect get well card too!

Anita in France said...

Hahahahaha ... being on the other side of the pond, I've never seen that commercial, Carol ... what a riot! You've captured that camel perfectly on your birthday card ... great colouring and such a playful font on the sentiment! Seeing him peeking through the window is sure to lift someone's spirits and have them smiling ... such a great way to send a friend get well wishes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Cheryl W. said...

Love your cards! That camel definitely makes me giggle, especially when he's peering through a window!

Jeanne H said...

what a great face on your giraffe stamp! Super cards, love both of them. tfs

JD/ Jill said...

I couldn't remember if I had posted on this one or not. I remembered looking at it when You posted it and laughed about it most of the day. When I went to spend Easter with my daughter and son-in-law...I even mentioned your card to them. My Son-in-law immediately looked up that commercial on his computer. It definitely is his favorite! I think I need to find a camel stamp and make this card for him on his birthday...(or maybe for Father's day!

Both cards are so creative!