Sunday, April 14, 2019

Easter Treats


Every year I try to make little Easter treats to give out to friends and people we deal with on a regular basis - like the folks who work at our bank, grocery store, neighbors, etc. This year I found this tutorial to make these tiny boxes for treats and decided to just dig into my stash and use random bits of paper, card stock, ribbon and die cuts. These treats hold mini peppermint patty Easter eggs, Reese's Peanut butter Easter Eggs, and some Ghiradelli Easter Bunnies and Eggs. I've been making them over several months and working on them a little at a time to get them completed by Easter. I made over 70 of them :)


I got to use lots of punches with these too, and printed some of the circle sentiments and colored them by hand. Everything was random as I grabbed this and that and just put them together.



Every year we're invited by a dear friend to a large gathering of folks for Easter dinner, so I always take along a basket of treats for everyone. 30 of these are going to that Easter dinner this year. This is just a sampling of some that were made - there is a huge basket filled with them.

I'll share my project with the Snippets Playground #350 which of course is to use your snippets. I may have used more snippets than ever before with all these little treat boxes :)

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great weekend!

Carol

16 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, these are so cute and a lovely idea to share with everyone. A nice way to use scraps and ribbon. Very sweet of you to do.

crafty-stamper said...

What a thoughtful idea and beautiful little treat holders love all the papers and great way to use all those offcuts too.
Carol x

Wendy said...

These treats are fabulous, Carol! Love that they are all different and that you used a different variety of candies! Definitely a great way to use up a bunch of paper, too! I may have to case this project for my gang for Easter as I don't have anything made for them. Thanks for sharing the link! I'm sure everyone at Easter dinner is going to love these! Great job! Have a great Sunday! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ohhhh... 70 of them??!! I'm really stunned, how many lovely treat boxes you have made!!! You have been so busy! Love especially that purple one with dots and bunny, but they looks all adorable and it's great you used your snippets!!! Take a golden bow! :D
Thanks for the link to the tutorial!!
Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! how wonderful of you Carol, I should think everyone is thrilled to bits with them, they are gorgeous and so beautifully presented.
Faith x

Stampsnob. said...

Those are lovely .;. They will be appreciated ………….Lis

Liz said...

Oh WOW, Carol! 70!! What a lovely idea and sure to be appreciated by everyone who receives one. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so creative and those are so cute and fun! What a great way to spread Easter joy!

Claire said...

Well now, aren't these just darling and you made 70 of them all beautiful and different. How lucky the recipients are going to be when they receive one of these. So much love has gone into these, even the tags are different. You should be really proud of yourself x

cotnob said...

You have been busy Carol, your Easter treat boxes are beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wonderful way to use up those bits! These are just so lovely and thoughtful, Carol!

jimlynn said...

Holy Moly!!! 70 of them??!!!! THat's a lot - and they're so CUTE!! Love these.
Lynn

Darnell said...

I'm in awe, Carol! What a wonderful example you are of kindness! I think Di should make up a Doctorate degree for the person who uses the most snippets in a year solely for the purpose of spreading happiness! You, my sweet friend, are an inspiration and you are well-loved and appreciated by many!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Wow Carol - I think you just broke the record for using up snippets! What lovely treats and so many as well! Dudley and I take our hats off and bow (wow) very low - clever work!

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word these are just the cutest little things I've ever seen Carol!! You've made SO many of them too!! You're such a sweet person to think of making up these little treats for others!! How fabulous! Thank you so much for the tutorial!! Maybe I can have a play with it!! HUGS

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome treat boxes!!!!! Fun project and how sweet of you, Carol. Hugz