Friday, March 15, 2019

Using Stash for a Cowboy Birthday Card



While sorting through my stash, I found several sheets of metal card stock I'd won several years ago when an online store was closing. I never opened the package until I made this card. I used a Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Rectangle die set to make all the panels, the copper color being the metal. I also used some daffodil and pumpkin pie card stock to give this a "sundown" appearance. The cowboy die cut was a gift from my blogging friend and it fit perfectly on the metal piece. I added 3 black tiny negative circles from previous die-cuts, and a gold-embossed sentiment on a snippet of black. I added a die-cut negative star just for fun to that panel and then added a piece of twine for a rope accent. The vertical metal border was done with the same set of dies, only I used the outer portion for this panel.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


Cardz4Guyz #125 - to Die for (use dies)

Wishing you all a great Friday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow this is really fantatic Carol! I love all of those die cut panels including that silhouette die so much! Everything works beautifully together!! I bet those metal papers are awesome!! :) Have a great weekend!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous scene you have created with that cowboys! Love the metal cardstock and the colours you used really remember a sun down! Beautiful embellishments, I especially love that twine for the rope!!! :) So clever and creative! :)
Hugs

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, you have created a fabulous scene with all of your dies.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ina G said...

Simply awesome Carol. Love every detail especially the cowboys rope. Fabulous layer colours and die used.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very innovative way to get a sunset look! I do like his rope!!

Claire said...

Cool, the silhouette cowboy works really well with the warm tones of cardstock and the copper metal sheet. My favourite bit is the little lasso, its so sweet and oh so masculine of course hehe x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome colors and layers and I love the scene you created. The fiber used for a rope looks awesome with the design too.

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and love that horse die too.x

Megan J said...

Hi Carol, a fun card for a man, love the way you created the sunset with the coloured cardstock. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous Guy card. It's always a bonus when you are tidying up and find something you've forgotten about. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Brenda in IN said...

I like the cowboy theme of this card. Using the different colors to show the evening sunset is very cool. Your layers are really pretty and add so much interest.

Brenda said...

Oh wow, I love this card Carol! The scene you have created is just so pretty and calming. How can you go wrong with a cowboy card?! Love the colors you chose too, make one feel the sunset! Hugs, Brenda

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cowboy scene and dies-love the lassoo
carol x

Sue - said...

A great guy card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

JanR said...

Great card! That twine embellishment is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Wendy said...

This card is pretty fabulous, Carol! I love how you diecut the cowboy scene with the metal cardstock and the pretty colors of cardstock. I know a couple of guys who are huge cowboy fans that would love this card! Awesome job, my friend! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my, you used a cowboy! He looks fantastic and I love the rope embellishment!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Very cool colors!