Thursday, March 14, 2019

New House


I have 2 friends who have either moved or are in the process of moving, and as luck would have it, they both have dachshunds, so I made each of them a "New Home" card. They've both been received, so now I can go ahead and post them.

I used a digital image from TAWS and colored it with Copics. I added a sun with pale blue skies and a MS punched fence to keep that cute doggie in the yard.  I hand-drew the cobblestone walkway with a black micropen and added a die-cut tiny butterfly I found in my snippet box. The sun was made with large and small dies from Lil Inker and the Perky Puppy die is by MB. I added some sparkly Stickles to the center of the sun just for fun.


This card is slightly different and has no fence, but the male doggie is wearing his normal blue collar, while the card above has the red collar of the female dog. It was just fun making these cards and giving them each a sunny day to get settled into their new homes :)

I'm entering the first card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "whatever the weather." Make it sunny weather for me :)

Entering the 2nd card into Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #332 - make your mark (use markers to color your creation)

Thanks for checking in today and I wish you all a fantastic and sunny day!

Carol

14 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

These are cute cards for your friends. I love the picket fence and the dog in the yard. They will love this thoughtful card you made for them.

Wendy said...

How sweet and thoughtful, Carol! Love them both and that adorable little pup! These are so cute and I love all the great detail you put into them! Good luck to your friends in their new homes! TFS and enjoy the beautiful sunshine today!!! :)

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Now how stinkin' cute are those little doxies running about the new yards!!! Adorable scene you've created with both of them and I love all of the fun details you've added too!! :) It is sunny over my way and I'm loving it for sure!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

cotnob said...

A super new home card Carol, you have created a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful way to welcome someone to their new home, these are GREAT.
Faith
x

Liz said...

Cute cards, Carol, love the new home scenes you've created. xx

Stampsnob. said...

Very primitive . these are great cards ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lis

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cute! What luck to be able to use those same images for two cards at once!

crafty-stamper said...

Cute new home cards love the picket fence and little dachshunds
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute little scene card.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute design for these cards!! They remember me the drawing of the children :D The sun is a perfect adding!
Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

Oh so cute love them and the doggie over the picket fence.xx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Totally adorable, Carol! Love all those details on the first card :)
Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Carol, these are two great cards for people who have moved! I love the scenes you have created. So cute and homey! Hugs, Brenda