Friday, March 22, 2019

Retirement Card


Today is the last day of work for one of my blogging pals/friends and tomorrow she is moving to another state, so I made this card for her.  I used a pastel pink card base and embossed the white panel with a retired SU! tulips ef. The large flourish is by Cheery Lynn and the little pink and white flowers done with SU! mini punches were dotted with black Nuvo drops in the center. The sentiment was done in black with a Lil Inker die and I wove the flourish into a couple letters to entwine the two elements together. I thought the tulips and mini flowers were a good theme for this card since spring just began a couple days ago.

Best wishes in your new chapter of life Mary Anne. I hope you'll enjoy being your own boss after working all those years :)

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Awww, what a special card for Mary Anne! She is sure to love this and display it in her new home! I really love the swirl flourish and how you intertwined it with the celebrate sentiment! And the color combo is very striking, too! Love this and wish Mary Anne the best of luck in her new home! Hugs~

Brenda in IN said...

The swirl is so gorgeous and woven through the letters is so pretty. I know she will love this and you will miss her.

crafty-stamper said...

Great card Carol love the embossed borders and die cut flourish with the little flowers
Carol x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty card, and a great way to celebrate the next chapter of her life beginning!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, so elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a beautiful card and a great way to let a friend how much you think of her and that you wish her the best. Wonderful colors used and that embossed frame is fantastic!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! You have done a fabulous card for your retiring friend!! That flourish is just delicious with al the tiny flowers and the embossed edges make your card so elegant! I would wish the retirement too :D so finally I could craft when I want! LOL :D
Hugs

Stampsnob. said...

Oh so beautiful That could be for any congrats day ………….Lis

Darnell said...

What a beautiful card for Mary Anne, Carol! She will cherish it and I know you will miss living near each other. Thank goodness for today's technology that can bring you together easily! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

I'm sure Mary Anne was thrilled to receive this card. I love the beautiful design, so elegant. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful with the additional swirls. Have a lovely weekend.x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful retirement card for your friend Carol! I love the embossing folder and I love the flourish, you always make them look so beautiful with the little flowers. Perfection! Hugs, Brenda