Monday, February 18, 2019

Hello


I recently chose this I.O clock die with the store gift certificate I won by playing with Dies R Us. I pulled out a piece of scrap paper I've had for eons and made this card. I cut the clock from white, black, and silver sparkly cardstock and inlaid the negatives for a fun look. The hello die is from Taylored Expressions. The inside has a sentiment that says "I was just sitting here thinking about you today."

Here's a close-up of the silver sparkle...


I don't have any challenges to enter this into, but wanted to share it and to also test it for comments as I've been having issues since the latest MS update. 

Most blogger comments come into my email for moderation as I had it set up that way for ages, but I noticed 2 days ago I cannot publish them from email any longer. The publish link will not work to open/publish any comments. I have to go into blogger's "awaiting moderation" tab to publish them, but they still keep coming into my email account. I removed my email address in settings (and saved the changes)  hoping it would resolve the issue, but so far it has not. They still keep coming into my email account where I have to simply delete them. I have no problem publishing them from blogger, but it's a nuisance to also have the comment and follow-up comment landing in my Inbox where I have to delete each one twice. I also noticed some routine emails I've been receiving have links I can no longer open by clicking on them, while some links work as they should. Has anyone else noticed this issue or is it just my computer I wonder? I don't know if this is a Comcast issue, or a MS issue, but it's frustrating for a novice to try and figure it out!
If anyone has any suggestions for a fix, I'm all ears! It seems every time I install a MS update it's a guessing game for getting things working again afterward. 

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Monday!

Carol

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a lovely card...interesting clock die, I can see this being used for lots of things! I just love those little glimmer insets!
I have NO advice as far as commenting/blogs/MS, etc. My blog stopped getting my comments via email a while back, so I always have to go to the actual blog to publish them. I have also noticed an increase in spam comments....VERY annoying! Unfortunately, I am a techie ignoramus, so I hope you can find the help you need! Good luck!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nope, Carol I have email links that do not work, also. Very frustrating! I do so love the clock die you used and the little in-layed vines look so cool.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE the colour you used for the background Carol, the die is fabulous, I can see why you chose it. A Beautiful card, love the insert sentiment too.
As for the blogger thingy, sorry I can't help, all seems OK with me. So far!
Faith
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love that pretty patterned paper with the silver in your clock.

Hmm, I only moderate comments on posts older than 7 days. I rarely get spam on my new posts. (Although, I did get a spam comment on a new post just today!) So I haven’t noticed whether the moderated comments will publish from the email or not.

Claire said...

Shame there are no challenges to link up too bc it's a super card, I love the rich burgundy damask background. The clock done in white really jumps out. I'm sorry I can't offer any help with your problem, I don't have moderation turned on... hope you get it sorted soon x

Stampsnob. said...

That is a very pretty clock face Y

Stampsnob. said...

I tried to write more but a voice kept cutting in and reading my sentence . Weird...…..Lis

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on winning the clock die and love how you inlaid with silver flourishes-great textured look B.paper too.No idea about your problem I stopped getting email notifications months ago and no idea why but loads of other bloggers did too so could be to do with blogger have you tried googling it?
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and I love the clock design. I have been having lots of my emails to Gmail accounts being rejected lately but I thought maybe that was because of the elimination of Google +.

Mrs A. said...

Love this clock die and the card that you have made. I don't have moderation switched on but i did stop receiving my comments and had to go in and remove my email settings, save and come out and go back in again and put back in. I think that blogger removing Goggle + has upset a few parameters which possibly they weren't expecting. All fun and games. Hugs Mrs A. p.s. Have noticed the spammers are managing to get onto challenges now and enter what looks like bonafide pictures.
I had one on my challenge and fortunetly spotted it and removed asap.

aussie aNNie said...

Great die here Carol, loving that tick tock design...x

Ina G said...

So pretty Carol. Love the background. Lovely shimmer on your die cut.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, lovely rich papers.
I can still publish comments from the email notification.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, this card is just so cool, Carol! Love the clock die and how you worked your magic with the inlaid pieces! Very cool piece of patterned paper, too! Love it! I have no advice either on the blogger thing. My comments stop coming to my email a few months ago then they started coming back to my email again in the last few weeks. I never publish my comments when the email comes. I always go directly to blogger to do it. Spam comments have been thru the roof as of late. Very annoying. I think these changes has something to do with Google and Blogger. I read something about it a few weeks ago. Sorry, other than that I have no advice. Have a great day! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another stunner from your creativity!! :D Love the big clock and the sentiment that follow inside he card. The silver inlay looks so beautiful and very elegant, as well the fab vintage paper! Well done!
Hugs

*Vicki* said...

What a very pretty design Carol! Love that background paper and it the perfect setting for your awesome clock die!! :) Lovely card!!

When I came back to blogging last Spring, my blogger blog was deleted and so at that point no matter what, I had to start over. So I knew at that point I was going to the Wordpress platform as there seemed to be so many issues in regards with the blogger. Wordpress also has some minuses too, but for comments, I can choose what to do with them and it makes spending less time on that a huge deal for me...plus it automatically keeps out spam on my blog altogether which means it catches it before it's published unless I OK that commenter. Anyway, not trying to "sell" anyone on anything, but I understand your frustration with it all!! BIGGEST HUGS