Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Christmas Truck


I made my first Christmas card for 2019 and I'm sliding it into the Merry Little Christmas Challenge MIUCB#6 for January (anything goes) just before it closes! Whew!

I used a Serendipity image, coloring it with Copics to look old and faded, adding glossy accents to the Christmas wreath and bow on the nose of the truck as well as the windows. I die cut the image panel with a Nestabilities Small Label die and added 4 silver brads to the corners of the green mat. The background papers are snippets from Lawn Fawn as well as a piece of designer paper with grey trees, and I placed it all on a smoky slate card base. The sentiment is from SNSS and I die-cut the SB ribbon tag with matching green card stock, attaching it with silver ribbon and adding a matching bow.

Thanks for checking in and I hope you have a great day!

Carol

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well done on making a Christmas card and a beautiful one at that.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Carol, a great image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Loving this one too Carol! Who can resist an old timey truck? Then add a wreath to it and it is Christmas memories all over the place! Love the label through the ribbon with the sentiment and the bow. Yep, this is a beautiful card Carol and your coloring is spot on! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great image and I love the way you used it too. I love images with old pickup trucks on them and this one is perfect with the wreath decor on the front.

Stampsnob. said...

Perfect coloring for a faded truck Wonderful card...…….Lis

Liz said...

Lovely Christmas card, Carol, I love wreath on the front of the truck. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely love this stamp and your design.x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That truck is just awesome! Love they way you colored it. Way to go back to basics with the chomped corners and ribbon tag. <3

Wendy said...

Love the look of this card, Carol! That faded look is quite interesting! Love the wreath on the front of the truck! Such a great design. too! TFS and stay warm!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas Card. You send your first for this year? I can't believe that for a change I am ahead of you in something...smile...I have made 13 Christmas cards for next year...(Knowing how good you are at making cards I won't be ahead of you for long...Hope you have a great weekend, Carol. (And keep warm!

crafty-stamper said...

Great colouring on the vintage looking image and I love the non-traditional colours Christmas card
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous colouring and beautiful unusual design with the silver brands and ribbon! The cute bow looks great and so festive! Well done!

*Vicki* said...

That vintage truck looks stunning! I love the way you've colored it up and the ribbons with the sentiment through it goes beautifully with your design! I love this!