Tuesday, October 9, 2018

TMS #474



Another week has rolled around to Tuesday already, and today we have the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #474 designed by Debbie.
Here is my take on the sketch...


I used an older SU! retired set for the image and colored the stamp with markers before stamping to get the two-tone look. I used some Rose Red cardstock for the card base and mat, and some green snippets for the ferns which were cut with a die from Precious Mariecke. The tiny flowers were done with SU! mini punches, and they were dotted with black Nuvo drops. The sentiment is from the SU! set Healing Hugs and was matted in black. The embossed background panel was done with a Sizzix Damask ef. I flipped the sketch to a top fold for my card, overlapping the sentiment panel onto the image panel and adding the ferns and flowers for texture.

Now it's your turn and we can't wait to see what you do with this easy sketch. Be sure to have a look at what my fellow DT members have created over on the TMS challenge blog and have fun being inspired by their creativity. 

Here is the prize up for grabs this week


 Thanks for stopping by and as always, have yourself a most wonderful day!

Carol

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Thoughts & Prayers has always been one of my favorite SU sets! You just can't go wrong with it! It makes the nicest Sympathy or Get Well cards and this set has everything you need for that card and that is what I love about it! You did this set proud, Carol! Love the beautiful image and your embossed panel. The little ferns on the side are the perfect touch, too! A really beautiful card with lots of texture! Great job, my friend! TFS! :)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, so pretty and delicate.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It may be an older set, but it is classic, and can be used in so many ways. As I was commissioned to make as many flat sympathy cards as I can, when I look for new ideas, this set is used over and over. Just lovely!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card, love the stamp and those little flower dies match beautifully. Love it Carol.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

I still have this set and that particular image you've used from this set is my favorite and most used of them! :) You've done a gorgeous job with it and I love the cut out leaves and flowers scattered along your design! Beautifully done my friend! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great interpretation of the sketch, Carol!! Those flowers are sweet and delicate, match perfectly with the diecut flowers and leaves and just LOVE the effect with that embossed background!!! It's a clean card with all that white space, but is not a CAS as I worried seeing the sketch. :D LOL Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so beautiful with those colors and the wonderful images and embossing folder.

crafty-stamper said...

Very pretty love the stamps and die-cut sprigs
Carol x

Liz said...

Your card is so pretty Carol, love the delicate little flowers. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely sketch and great card. Love the pretty flowers and the embossing is the star...x

Janice M said...

I love this set! I used it just the other day, it's such a great image. I like the way you added the flower die cuts down the side. Sure to cheer its receiver right up!

Brenda said...

I love this stamp set too Carol, it is such a versatile set to have I think. I am loving your beautiful card, the color combo is just beautiful. I also love the sketch and your take on it. Hugs, Brenda

Donna said...

What a pretty floral image. I love the leafy embellishments!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great mix of stamping and die cuts. They go together perfectly!

Debbie said...

So pretty!! Your flowers and dies and embossing all match perfectly!!

Melissa Craig said...

This is so beautiful - I love the spring feel to the card and all the dimension.