Monday, October 29, 2018

Rowdy Reindeer Cheer


I have a bit of a snarky card today for those guys who enjoy hunting and have a sense of humor. I started with an embossed background done with a SU! Woodland textured ef on kraft cardstock. I sponged the raised portions with white craft ink, but wanted more white, so I used a white gel pen to add highlights on one side of the trees. I still wasn't happy, so I added diamond stickles on top of the white and then I was happy with it, but the camera did not pick up the sparkle.........sigh. I added a piece of vanilla that was cut with a Lawn Fawn stitched hillside die and added more Diamond Stickles, adding a SU! sentiment. As for Rowdy Reindeer, he's from Lil Inker and he cracks me up with this face you can stamp which shows him sticking his tongue out. It's a bit of a payback to the hunters if you get where I'm going with this :) I fussy cut him and placed him partially behind the hillside with his front legs on top. The little red bird was done with a Gina Marie Designs small birds die.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Cards 4 Guyz #206 - into the woods



Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a great start!

Carol

11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW those trees in the background look fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You know that I hate hunters... :D ... but love your card! Fabulous woodland background, love the "snow" on the trees, such fabulous detail! The deer is so cute and love that red cardinal!
Hugs have a lovely Sunday!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, that reindeer made me laugh! He looks mischievous with his tongue out! This is quite a card to send to any hunter and one that is sure to bring on a smile or laugh! Love your embossed trees and adorable little red bird. Great card, Carol! :)

MaryH said...

Have to say, the bright red birds drew my eye down from your later post(the rose) as I caught the flash of red with the birches. But just had to laugh at this moose's expression...that was unexpected! Your icy snow hill looks great, and this is a winner of a design for a Christmas guy (or a lady with attitude as well!) TFS & Hugs

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well what a little devil that deer is! Very cute card, Carol! Your trees have perfect sparkle.

Heather said...

Very cute!! And I think those trees turned out fabulous!! They definitely look snowy. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh what a funny deer!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word I absolutely LOVE the sparkles on your textured tree background! I also love your snowy glittery slope too!! That deer looks like he's not very cheery!! LOL!! Yes, a great one for the deer hunters as it's the season for it!! :) I love your fun card Carol! DT hat time: Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna

Esther Asbury said...

I'm so very happy you linked your adorable deer card up to the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Christine Kiehl said...

Outstanding! Too cute!