Sunday, October 28, 2018

Quilted Snippet Cards


I had half a sheet left of some Gina K Bubble Gum pink cardstock and wanted to use every last possible piece of it, so I thought I'd make a few quilt cards to use it up. I also used some SU! dsp along with left over snippets of grey, white, and black. For this card, I added a Simon Says Stamp Dahlia die that I cut from pink and grey and inlaid all the pink bits (whew, that was hard on the eyes!). I added a few hand-cut leaves, and several die-cut white stems and leaves from my snippet box, along with a silver candi dot in the center of the flower. The quilt die is from MFT and the sentiment was cut with silver mirror card using a Lil Inker die.

I'm entering this card into the Snippets Playground #338 where all you need to do is use snippets to make your card.


 When you make multi-colored quilt cards, you are left with lots of leftover bits, so I made a 2nd and 3rd card with the leftovers. For this version I finished the center with an IO die-cut button and wove 2 shreds of the pink cardstock through the center to look like thread. The sentiment was done with an Elizabeth Crafts die.



Here's the 3rd one with a different sentiment but using the same color bits as the first two.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have yourself a wonderful day!

Carol

15 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! 3 winners. If I still have some Bubblegum CS, I will save you a few pieces.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, Carol, these are beautiful. I would love to have a quilt like any of these. Great colors together and such intricate work. Don't think my eyes would be up to doing that.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your quilt cards are all just awesome, and I'm in love with the first one, so feminine and delicate with that inly on the lovely flower!!!
This one is a typical design from you :) You also sent me one of these quilted cards times ago and I totally loved it, so then I bought myself that die (but it is still unused!!! Aargh!! Why times flies faster that my purchases??? LOL :D)
Well done with your snippets and good luck with the challenge!!
Hugs

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Carol, I love the pink and grey.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Carol, these are all so beautiful and I love the colors used on them. Thanks for sharing. That looks like a great die to own.

Claire said...

These are gorgeous and what a great colour combination. I love the fact everyone of your cards is different in style. I think they all look super but I like the inlaid work on your first, its very striking x

JD/ Jill said...

These are all fabulous quilt cards! And you know that I like the PINK
I also know what you mean by having lots of little bits left over with quilt cards...I usually ended up making more than one too because I don't want to waste the paper. Keep them coming, I would never get tired of your quilt cards!

Wendy said...

WOW, Carol....these are all amazing! Each with their different design and I will say they are done in fabulous colors! Love the quilt design! I have a die that creates this look and have never used it. I guess it intimidates me a bit! LOL Love yours! TFS and hope you had a nice weekend! Hugs~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A LOT of work but you have amazing results, GORGEOUS cards.
Faith
x

Di said...

Totally stunning, all three cards are fabulous Carol, although the inlaying of those teensy pieces on your snippets card is amazing!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

These look incredible Carol!! I just love the colors together on these! The black really makes the rest of it pop! I've had my eye on a couple of dies like this, but haven't broken down and gotten it yet!! LOL! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! HUGS

Brenda said...

Love the color combo's on these quilt cards Carol. They are indeed beautiful! I can imagine piecing the flower was hard on the eyes. lol And tedious as well. But well worth it in the end. Love these! Great way to use up every last inch of the pink card! Hugs, Brenda

Cards by Beckie said...

Stunning cards. I love the colours you have used. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

Janice M said...

Oh Wow! These are so pretty! I specially love that first one, that flowers makes it really stand out. Great job!!

DorothyA said...

Saw your cards on Pinterest. Beautiful!