Tuesday, September 11, 2018

TMS #470



Hello Tuesday (again!) When this day of the week rolls around, that means it's time for another Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, and this week we're working on sketch #470 designed by Melissa.



Here is the prize being offered this week - an Art C Chevron Stamp & Adhesive stencil set.





I made an age-specific birthday card on the masculine side for this week's card. I used a piece of bold striped dsp from Recollections, along with a snippet of kraft and some red. I embossed the horizontal element with a CB birthday ef, then used MFT stitched circle dies along with a scalloped punch to display the IO die-cut numbers. I wrapped some twine, made a bow, and added some negative die-cut stars done with a SSS star border die to finish this one.

And now it's over to you, but before you go, please check out my DT member's cards by clicking HERE to see them all. I know you'll find lots of great inspiration to kick-start your creativity after you see what they've made!

 I will be remembering this day with sorrow for the tragic events that unfolded on this day in 2001. That's something you never forget regardless of how many years have gone by.

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself the best possible Tuesday!

Carol

13 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a great interpretation of the sketch.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Love the bold black & white panel and the embossed kraft panel! This color combo is very striking with the red cardbase! Very cool design, too! I hope to play along this week. Love the added twine and red embellishments! Great card, Carol! TFS

*Vicki* said...

What a really brilliant card design! I think this would make for a wonderful masculine style birthday card! I love that you've added the number and stars to this as well! I have some birthdays coming up and you've given me some great inspiration! Great take on the challenge friend! HUGS

Doreen said...

Love your card,a great design.xxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great design and it works perfectly to spotlight a special birth year!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great take on the sketch and I have to remember to use that birthday embossing folder more often too. I am so neglectful of those folders and it is a shame as they do make for great looking cards.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful male card and great interpretation of the sketch! The black and white stripes are the mark of an Italian famous team of football, the Juventus :D so with that Happy embossing it could be perfect for a lot of people that I know LOL :D
Hope to find time to play this challenge, love the sketch!
Hugs

Janice M said...

Great masculine card! Love the bold stripes they really work with this design. I also like the way you added the rows of twine. Been ages since I've used that birthday embossing folder need to dig it out again!

Brenda said...

Such a fun sketch and I am loving your take on it Carol! The black striped paper is bold and fun. I love the kraft strip embossing and love the red twine. But what I really love is that this is on the masculine side, although it could be used for a woman too-but love how you personalized it with the birthday person's age! So fun, so bold, so festive! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Where does the week go, another sketch and love this one.xx

Melissa Craig said...

This is a great birthday card. It doesn't feel too masculine, so I think it would work for a birthday girl, too. Love the bold stripes and the embossed panel (something I should have done).

Patti said...

What a fun and bold 35th birthday. Haha maybe the boldest part is just blurting out the age-but 35 is still a youngin'!!

Debbie said...

This is such a fun take on the sketch!! I love embossing!