Monday, September 24, 2018

71 Birthday Wishes


Tomorrow my husband and I will be celebrating our birthdays (along with his first cousin and my first cousin LOL), and this is the card I made for him. I almost always put a horse image on his card because he loves horses, but this year I made something different for a change. I used a Taylored Expressions Go With the Flow stencil and sponged in Distress inks in bright colors, then added a MFT fishtail banner die cut in black. I used IO number dies to cut the numbers and placed them on a MFT die-cut stitched circle,  then matted with a SB scalloped circle die in daffodil card stock. The sentiment is by Gina Marie Designs and the glittered gold stars were done with SU! mini punches and SU! glittered card stock. I added a few sequin stars here and there too which are much smaller. His gift this year is inside the card...


I don't waste time buying him clothes, shoes, or tools anymore, because he either doesn't wear them or has no interest in using them, so cash works! There's $71 bucks inside that pocket and eventually it will wind up at WaWa I'm sure, as he absolutely loves their coffee. The pocket was made years ago with a Coluzzle (remember that tool?) and I've had it in the doo-dad box just waiting for the right occasion to use it. I die-cut the stitched postage stamp die in Navy and adhered the pocket to that for a bit of stability. There's a little "w" on the pocket tag that I originally made to resemble Wrangler Jeans (his favorites) but now I'm thinking that the W would ideally represent WaWa! Hah!

I'm sharing this with the Seize the Birthday challenge which is anything goes along with a "topping" to use Die Cuts or punches.


Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol


16 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, so bright and cheerful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doreen said...

Happy Birthday to you both for tomorrow,your card is gorgeous.xxx

Wendy said...

Awww, this is super cute, Carol! Love the pocket that holds the $71! It would work well for a gift card, too! I rem the Coluzzle! I may even still have mine is a drawer! When it comes to stamp stuff I seem to hoard things! LOL Wishing you both a great day! Hugs~

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

WaWa thanks you! You had a great idea with this card. I hope you and Butch, both have a nice relaxing day. That is such a cool stencil that you used.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you and hubby, Carol!!! :D
Such fabulous card for your hubby! Love the colourful waves on the background and the glittered gold stars! They look just as a symbol of a colourful and joyful life! :D Brilliant idea put that pocket inside the card! Surely Buck will be so happy for his cash :D and will smile for the "W" for Wa Wa coffee! You are a devil ;)
Enjoy your own special day together!!!
Big Hugs and Best Wishes to you both!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a fun bright birthday card! I wish you ALL Happy Birthdays! How funny they are all on the same day!

That is a fun way to package cash. I don’t know what a coluzzle is though!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Carol, this card is so happy and fun especially with the number of the birthday boy on it! :) Love the colorful background and how clever to add the folded up money inside a pocket on the inside with the exact number too! Very nicely done and I need to rmember this idea for the guys in my life...they perfer cash as well! Thanks for sharing!

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. Your stenciled design looks fabulous in the rainbow colors. the pocked inside is so cute and money is always a winner. Wow, that is a lot of birthdays on the same day. Happy Birthday to all of you. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Claire said...

And so another year rolls by, time is galloping so fast. Anyway many happy returns to you and your husband on your birthdays :) Your card is fantastic, love the bright bold colours with the black accents. The stitched pocket is so super cute and great for popping in some coffee pennies x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Happy birthday to everyone then! I love your card and it is such a cool design. I love the pocket for holding the cash too.

Janice M said...

What a cool card! Love the way you did the pocket inside. I'd have to do a L for Levi's! ;-) We don't have Wawa's on this side the river? At least not near me. My guys use Sheetz or Rutter's, they love getting food there instead of mc D's ect. Happy Birthday to you and Butch! Hope that you have a great day even if it's so dreary out again this week.

JD/ Jill said...

I'm sure Butch will like this card! Hope both of you have a very special birthday. (and get a free lunch like Jim did last week!

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT. Great and colourful card and the gift inside is extra pleasure.xx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Love the vibrant colors!

crafty-stamper said...

Belated happy birthday to you both-it was mine on the 24th Sept-great card and stencilled background-love the money pocket inside
Carol x

Brenda said...

You and DH both have the same birthdays?! How fun!!! I love the colorful card you made hubby Carol, and I really love how you did the inside. Cash always works doesn't it?!! lol But the way you did your card to place your cash inside is what is so fun! I love that little "wrangler/WaWa" pocket. A fabulous birthday card indeed! Happy Birthday to you both!!! Hugs, Brenda