Monday, August 27, 2018

Halloween Fun


I have another Halloween card to share today. I liked this sketch over at the My Favorite Things weekly Sketch Challenge MFTWSC399 and wanted to play along.

I started with some retired dsp from SU! and added some die cut edges done with a MFT notched border die, coloring them with a Copic that matched the candy corn. I die cut 3 MFT stitched circles - 1 in black and 2 in white. I colored the larger circle with a matching yellow Copic. I split the black circle into 2 pieces, and punched the top of the bottom portion with an EK border punch. I carefully glued the black circle pieces over the white circle allowing room for the stamped sentiment on white between them. I added a strip of orange cardstock behind the jack-o-lantern faces and dotted the eyes with a yellow glaze pen. The candy corn and bat are from Lawn Fawn, and the gel stickers have been in my stash for a long time.


I'm also entering this card into the Love to Craft August LTCCB #25 challenge which is anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Monday!

Carol


20 comments:

Lori said...

Such a sweet Halloween card - love those little candy corn and bat! Great job with the sketch!

Doreen said...

A great card,love the fab details.xxx

Liz said...

Cute card, Carol, lovely design and I love how you've added the sentiment. xx

cotnob said...

A super Halloween card Carol, lots of super details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

SO MUCH FUN!!!! LOVE this precious Halloween card Carol. The little pumpkins all tucked in there are so cute and that bat looks like he's coming right at you. Great take on the sketch too! LOVE! Of course the candy corn had to take top awards as far as I'm concerned. Love that stuff!
Lynn

Claire said...

Spooktacular Halloween card, my eye was drawn to the jack'o'lanterns... I love that detail. Fab card x

Christine Kiehl said...

How sweet! Love the lime green! Halloween is so much fun all the way around! Thanks for sharing!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Those candy corns are too cute to eat. Love the glowing eyes of the pumpkin border.

aussie aNNie said...

Fab card and love the pumpkin die all glowing..Fab colours too and great take on their sketch.

Aquarius said...

Great interpretation of the sketch - Halloween is looming too and it seems the year is galloping by!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have added a few clever new tricks to this treat! I don't believe I have ever seen that notched border before. I really like it!

Brenda said...

You are definitely on the ball Carol! I should get busy too...on making cards. Maybe I will find some time this weekend, but might be on dog duty. lol Love the sketch and love your take on it. Loving that tiny polka dot paper and I love your pumpkins and candy corn on your circle. So cute! Hugs, Brenda

Wendy said...

I don't know how I missed this yesterday but I totally love this Halloween card, Carol! Such fab colors and I just fell in love with that row of pumpkins! And the notched edges....SO COOL! Love, love, love! TFS and stay cool! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, great design! Love so much how you cut the black circle to do a fabulous topper with it! The pumpkins loos amazing as well the bat and the notched stripe!
It's a very creative work!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing samples!

MaryH said...

Aw, Spooky! I really like the way you've done that center punched out punkin border. Very striking. Love the vertical border treatment too. You're ahead on the Halloween cards! I'm still working on Birthday Cards! TFS & Hugs

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Perfect Halloween card!

Janice M said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love this sketch and sorry I missed playing along with it. Will have to save it to use anyway. Love the way you used the border punch/die on your sentiment panel.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for entering the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's "August Anything Goes" challenge with your amazing entry! We hope to see you again for our new September challenge! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!

Stampsnob. said...

Great take on the sketch …….Lis