Thursday, August 30, 2018

Halloween Twist "n Pop card


I made this twist 'n pop card for Halloween for one of our granddaughters. I started with this piece of SU! designer paper, stamping a MFP cat on the fence, and a witch flying in the sky with a SU! stamp, plus bigger bats done with a stick stamp by Judith. I added a punched-out element from an old Halloween kit by Teresa Collins. It measures 5" x 5-1/2" folded flat, so I'll have to make an envelope to fit this before mailing.


Here's what it looks like opened, with all sorts of Halloween die-cuts and elements. A raven on a branch with a graveyard beneath, and mummy jar with eyeballs on top, a dangling spider or two and some toxic slime in a bottle. Oh, yes, and there are tiny little die-cut mice snooping around as well. The bottom portion has a computer-generated sentiment panel, complete with a drippy goo border, a pumpkin border, a black cat and another little spider web with a tiny spider. I used lots of stickles, glossy accents, white gel pen, glaze pens, and fluorescent Copics on the elements.


Here's the back, with a glittered die-cut "BOO" I got several years ago in a blog candy prize. I love how it looks on this SU! dsp of bricks and I might just add a few die-cut ghosts here before mailing :)

I had fun making this and I made another one for another DGD that I'll post at another time.

I'm entering this into the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp anything goes challenge

There are too many details to list everything I used, but if you have any questions, just email me - my email address is on the sidebar. If you leave a comment with a question - PLEASE leave a way for me to contact you to respond!

Thanks for the visit and do have yourself a great day!

Carol

20 comments:

Claire said...

How awesome is this, it's brilliant with all the Halloween elements. I spy three mice Carol so I'm wondering are they blind or am I because there's more lol. Super spooky card x

*Vicki* said...

Wow! So many details to see here inside and out!! I just ADORE that fun Halloween scene on the front and all of the details on the inside with the colorful papers and images included in this fun fold design! :) Really fun card and I know your GD will just love it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful design my friend! HUGS

Doreen said...

Wow a fabulous card,great details.xxx

Liz said...

Oh, this is a brilliant card, Carol, I love the twist 'n' pop design. Your granddaughter is going to LOVE it! xx

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I just LOVE this!! Your granddaughter is sure to love this! So much to look at on this and I am in awe of how these cards go together! Never made one....sad I know! Awesome Halloween card, Carol! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is chock full of spooky! Very pleasing to the eye. Now I see why you said it was taking a long time! Love it!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!! LOVE your twist and pop card, such fabulous design!!! :D Your granddaughter is just to be soooo stunned! :D There are a lot of details inside and outside!!! That witch hat is just fabulous, as well all the other diecuts you added!! So clever having made your own sentiment, well done! The back is fabulous too!!
Take a bow :) you have made the most spooktacular card!!! :D
Hugs!

Christine Kiehl said...

What a cool card! Love the Halloween holiday to craft for! Thanks for sharing

cotnob said...

A super Halloween card Carol, it looks fabulous on the outside and what a lovely surprise on the inside - a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! I am loving this pop and twist Halloween card Carol! I've not tried this card but so want to. It is intimidating to me though. lol Yours turned out fabulous! I know your granddaughter will love it! I also love all the fun elements you stamped and used. So festive and fun! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card and what a fun fold. I think it is amazing.

aussie aNNie said...

eeeek can't 'boo' this amazing creation, thats one card and a half and so much to see...LOVE this well done..xx

nwilliams6 said...

Carol, a very fun card full of surprises!!! I have been MIA for awhile and have missed your delightful cards. Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks CArol for the birthday wishes, yes it was today, another hour and it will be over for another year, so no more cake and stuff like that...x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FAB U LUS, she is going to be over the moon with this, Great work.
Faith
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a surprise it will be when she opens this! WOW!!! Great card.

Stampsnob. said...

Layers and layers of spook Good job …...Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with this card fold. These cards are really addictive aren't they?

Janice M said...

Oh WOW Carol! Never saw a card like this before! Your granddaughter is sure to LOVE it! Can't imagine the work that goes into one of these.

Misty Elam said...

This is so cool looking!! I love all the details. Halloween cards are one of my favorites to make. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Misty