Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Morning Sketch #458



Another Tuesday has rolled around and I'm here with my Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge card for #458. This week we have an easy one designed by our own Debbie, and here's the prize you'll be playing for - isn't this cute?



Here's my card done with Soft Sky colors from SU! I used a piece of one of my favorite all-time SU! papers called Afternoon Tea and paired it with a few black elements for contrast. I used the Amazing You stamp set by SU! along with some stitched oval dies by Gina Marie Designs, then used a Spellbinders scalloped oval to mat the image panel. The ribbon is also Soft Sky that I've hoarded for years, and the words "You" and "to me" were heat embossed with white powder on snippets of black cardstock.

Here are the links to my DT member's blogs to provide you with some more inspiration to play along with our challenge this week:





And now it's your turn. We hope to see you playing along with our sketch this week, and do have yourself a great day as well! Thanks for stopping by.

Carol

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!!! I so love Soft Sky and sad that it retired. I have alot of it in my stash so it will live on! Love that DSP you used and the wonderful sentiment! Also gotta give a shout out on those stitched dies! Just makes your card pop, Carol! Love it and TFS! Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

Wow, you've made such a beautiful card here Carol! I love the soft blues and the setniment really pops on your design! Well done with the sketch! I am hoping to play along this week and that's a great prize to win! I love their cute stamps! :) HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is GORGEOUS, I love the simplicity and the gorgeous colour and design.
Faith.
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, lovely soft colours - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous with the subtle coloring and great stamp patterns on your card. I love the layout design too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, very elegant with the beautiful paper, the layered ovals and that lace!! Love the different fonts you used, too! It's a lovely inspiration, well done!
Hugs

Liz said...

What a pretty card, Carol, lovely design and beautiful colours. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great card, amazing and love the unusual colours, looks perfect with the ribbon.xx

Brenda said...

What a fun sketch and I am loving your take on it Carol! I love that you used a scalloped oval along with your stitched ovals, they are so pretty. The colors on this card are so beautiful as well. Loving the base pattern paper-it is SU? So soft and pretty and subtle. Then there is that sentiment, I love it! Great way to mix it up with sentiments! Well done my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely color combination. The light blue and black is serene. Great use of the sketch.

MaryH said...

You've nailed that sketch so perfectly. Love your choice of the soft dp, those flowers are so pretty. The black is a wonderful contrast look too. Thanks for reminding me to check Darnell's post about the comment aggravation. I did what her instructions said and (fingers x'd) I got in one comment notification AFTER that. Before my comment notification came into the hotmail. Guru worked at setting up 2 new id's in our provider account, and added the hotmail one in there, so I don't have to jump through hoops to access the hotmail. Now that I have another account, I'm going to try Loll's excellent instructions to change the blogger address. Technology has gotten the best of me today! TFS & Hugs. Hope things are going ok. Email later.

Patti said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL I love it, the color combo your layering and ribbon - primo!!

Debbie said...

Soooo pretty! I love the soft colors!!

Melissa Craig said...

Soft Sky was one of my favorite SU colors and this card is lovely! Great card.