Saturday, May 6, 2017

Christmas Snowflake


I decided I'd better get cracking on my Christmas stash, so I made a couple cards yesterday. I started this with a kraft card base and stamped random snowflakes all over with a retired SU! stamp set.  Next I used a stick stamp by Judith to add a few dots of red between the snowflakes. Then I used some Nuvo glitter drops to adorn the snowflakes and give them a little bit of sparkle. I die-cut the snowflake with a Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die in red and white, and inlaid the red pieces into the white snowflake, adding a silver dot in the center. I needed something on the side to follow the sketch I used and there was a strip of red cardstock on my table, so I crimped it and cut it in 2 and just placed them vertically on the side. The sentiment is from the same SU! retired stamp set I used.


If you haven't tried the Nuvo glitter drops yet, here's a close-up to show you how well they hold their shape and the best part is - the bottle never clogs! It's a perfect drop every time, I love that!

I'm entering this into the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge #401


and the CHNC #322 - anything goes as long as it's Christmas challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone!

Carol




14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is lovely, love the crinkly strips.xx ♥[aNNie]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful snowflake in the focal point, great inlaying, and love the crimped red stripes on the left side!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love the look of the white stamped snowflakes on Kraft. Really pretty country look :). Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great holiday card and the crimped strips were such a brilliant touch, my friend!

Donna Hanley said...

I love this card and it looks so good on the Kraft card stock. I will have to look into those Nuvo glitter drops soon. They sound terrific. Have a good day.

jimlynn said...

I haven't tried any of the Nuvo drops at all - but plan to soon. These are so pretty on the snowflakes. Love the Kraft and white and just that touch of red. Very nice card Carol.
Lynn

Janice M said...

What a beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch, with the use of that snowflake. Awesome job and card. Thanks for joining us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Carol, so pretty - the red crimped paper was a fabulous idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lots of texture on your card, which is wonderful, love the "layered" snowflake, a fabby card.
Faith
x

Wendy said...

What a pretty Christmas card, Carol! Love the colors and your pretty snowflakes! The best part though is your take on the sketch with those crimped strips of red cardstock! Totally love it! Good for you getting those Christmas cards done! I haven't made a single holiday card since last Christmas....such a slacker I am! TFS this amazing card and I hope you have a great day! Hugs~

Stampsnob. said...

There really is no excuse for me not doing seasonal cards You make beautiful cards that look easy enough.........Lis

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! This is such a great take on our sketch!!
I'll have to find some Nuvo drops... liquid pearls hate me!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Dr Sonia S V said...

Carol how beautiful your snowflake looks against the kraft background and Thank you for the heads up about the nuvo drops...I bought 2 bottles a couple of weeks back but was waiting for the perfect moment to experiment with them!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sarn said...

What a beautiful card Carol. Dammit woman, I will have to look into those Nuvo drops now . . . I usually use liquid pearls, but the Nuvo ones look like they hold their shape even better!

Hugs, Sarn x