Monday, July 6, 2015

Here Comes the Ice Cream Truck!


It's summer and I think we all want ice cream when it gets hot, so Deedee designed this cute pre-colored digi image called "Ice Cream Truck" for her July progressive challenge. If you played along last month, you already received this image free, but if you missed playing, you can snag it for a reduced price while this challenge runs. Check all the details here and come play along with us!

I printed the pre-colored image and enhanced it with Copics and glittered markers for a little extra interest. I also sponged in some clouds and added grass and a street for those cute bears and little die-cut dachshund :) I put the sentiment on a scalloped circle and added a little plastic clip on the side that says "friends." I wish we still had ice cream trucks in this neighborhood, because memories of them in summers gone by just bring a smile to my face :)

Thanks for checking in, and I hope you can find time to play along with us during July. If you do, you'll snag the brand new August digi when it's released, so what are you waiting for? Details are all right here.

                              

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week ahead!

Carol
                                     

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Too cute, and I am sure glad you added a little friend! Woof!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun card, Carol! Love the bears and the little dachshund. Love the sentiment that pop out and the little clip.
Love the icecreams, too!!! In these days here the weather it's very very hot, so I eat a lot of icecreams! :D

Jean said...

A cute image for this fun card. We don't get the ice cream van here either although I do hear his jingle some times not too far away in the streets where there are children.
Jean x

jimlynn said...

The ice cream truck brings back so many memories for me! I can still hear the little song they played as they were coming down the street. I usually had my money all ready at that point and then just waited!
Fun and cute, cute card Carol! LOVE the addition of that little doxie too of course.
Lynn

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So cute!

I remember ice cream trucks, but not in the sweet wholesome way you describe them. The one that visited the junior high also sold cigarettes, no ID required and the one outside of high school sold small bags of marijuana. Now you'll never look at an ice cream truck the same.

cotnob said...

This is such a fun card Carol, you have created a wonderful scene.
Pauline
x

Liz said...

What a great image, perfect for a summer card! xx

Susan (rainy) said...

What an adorable card, Carol. The set is so cute... love the sentiments. Truly does bring back sweet memories. :)

scrappymo! said...

This looks great, Carol! Cute image for these hot days. We are in the 40's at the lake and it was 37 here at home today. Too hot! There are forest fires burning all over our province and we are supposed to keep our windows closed for a few more days. Vancouver and area have a layer of ash on the cars in some places and thick smoke from the fires.

Today we picked the grandkids up from soccer camp at noon and took them for Marble Slab Icecream...so appropriate to my day to see this cute card!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and full of delightful colour...cute image too.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Brenda said...

Wow Carol, this is a great summer card! I love these images and that cute die cut hound. Your shading, street, clouds and grass make such a perfect scene and it takes me back to the days when the ice cream truck came. Boy, every kid in the neighborhood was begging for money. lol Thanks for the memories with this fabulous card. Hugs, Brenda

Stampsnob. said...

Awwh I heard the ice cream truck and I have my dime....Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Great card! Very nicely done. This card also brings back a lot of happy memories for me.

nwilliams6 said...

Cute scene!!! So much going on and so interesting with the darling figures and truck. I saw one of these a few days ago - was the first time in years. Fun! Hugz