Thursday, April 16, 2015

Gone Fishing


I found this PB stamped image in my overflowing box of previously stamped images I'm trying to work through, and decided it was time to color it and make a card with it. I also pulled out a bunch of small pieces of dsp from my nearly depleted Echo Park Country Drive paper pad and decided to use them up too. I cut them into 1/4" strips and made a herringbone background, embossing the finished panel with a Cuttlebug Decorative Tiles ef to add more texture. I didn't add a sentiment, because I think this could be used for many different occasions. I'm really liking the refreshing spring colors that seem to go along with the fishing image! I colored this with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - "make your own background"

Snippets Playground #172 - "must use snippets"

Shopping our Stash #197 - "lost and found"

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful Thursday!

Carol

15 comments:

Di said...

Aw, this really is adorable Carol! Super image and such a lovely background too.

Hugs

Di xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Carol along with the image and gorgeous colour combo's too.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is one of my very favorite Hedgie images by PB. Maybe you stamped it here? Love that gorgeous background.

Benzi said...

Carol, your image is so cute and I love that herringbone background in so many colors and patterns.

I see you have made so many cards while I was away. Beautiful ones and some just cute as could be.

jimlynn said...

No sentiment needed on this cutie! That looks like Jim and I when we go fishing - and the fish always seem to be somewhere else. Great background and a precious card.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This background is just fabulous, Carol!!! I have never thought to emboss a patchwork of snippets, it's a genial idea!!And you used fabulous colours, this spring-like card is really fresh as the water in the image, they match perfectly! The two fishing hedgehogs are so cute and fun!!! Great card, love it so much!

Chana Malkah said...

The image is so cute and you colored it well! Nice compostion and color integration. Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
oh what a very great card.
The image is soooooo! cute.
Lovely background design too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is adorable Carol! I love your background-such pretty summery colors. I also love that sweet image of the hedgie's fishing! I love to fish, don't get to often, but love it so this scene is just too cute to me. Hugs, Brenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Good job using up the images from your box! I have set mine aside for now and moved on to other things. This is a fun image and the fun patterns in the background really make it. What a happy day!

Jean said...

Lovely hedgie image here, and I love the colourful background you made, what a great idea to emboss it.
Jean x

Virginia L. said...

Love the dry embossed details! The coloring is fabulous! Awesome work! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Carol, such pretty papers and stripes to create the super embossed background. Tour PB image is adorable and great colouring!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute...nicely colored, and you know I really like your herringbone backgrounds (that's why I cased one of yours...smile)
I'm also going through my box of many images that I have to make into cards (mine are already colored by hubby) I have to live till I'm am at least a 100 to use them all! smile.
Hope you are having a great weekend. (I love the sunny days we have been having!)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh Carol, this is divine! That image is so cute and that background - just WOW WOW WOW!