Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sweet Christmas Wishes

I'm entering my card into this week's OWH Stars and Stamps sketch challenge #199.  I used all leftover pieces of BoBunny dsp with red & green accents and a cute gingerbread stamp. This will be a good "any hero" card for Christmas and hopefully will bring a smile or two when it's opened :)

I'm entering this into the Snippets Playground #99 too since I used all leftover scraps of dsp & cardstock!

My son & his family live in central Indiana and my heart was missing a few beats until I heard from him and learned that they're all OK! No less than 89 tornadoes touched down in Illinois and Indiana today, so I'm very grateful that he was spared from the widespread damage! My friend Heidi lives in Illinois and she was OK too, but they had 90 mph winds this afternoon! Whew! I'm so thankful they're OK!! My heart goes out to those who suffered such unimaginable losses from these devastating storms today! These wicked storms are becoming far too common in this day and age, and they're downright frightening!

Wishing you a safe and happy week ahead!

Carol

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, I'm so happy, Carol, that your son and his family, and Heidi are all o.k. I happen to know about tornadoes and their devastation. What a dreadful day it has been for so many. I thought we were going to have storms but maybe they are going to miss us.

Your smiling gingerbread are just the cutest things and I love that wonderful paper.

jimlynn said...

Carol, I'm SO glad you son and family were ok!!! That's terrible all the destruction they had up there.

Your little gingerbread man card is adorable. Love that background paper too! CUTE card.

Lynn

Jody Green said...

Carol, so happy your family is safe.

Your card is adorable. It's sure to bring lots of smiles!

Linda said...

Adorable card...I smell a CASE coming on! Glad to have you back!

Glad you got news everyone is safe.

WTG!!!

Unknown said...

Sooo glad your family is safe and sound, prayers to them for continued safety. Such an adorable card, love the country feel, especially the twine and the cute round sentiment mirroring the background dp! TFS!

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, so happy your family members and Heidi are all OK. Yes these storms have been coming way too often and doing horrific damage to different parts of our country and the world.
On a happier note, this little ginger man really made me smile this morning just like some Hero will smile when they see this one. I love the paper you used here and your sentiment is done is such a sweet way.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thank goodness everyone you hold dear, came through that nightmare. The remnants of that storm racing through here in the middle of the night, had me up and alert in the wee hours. I think it took down the last of the leaves. As for your sweet little gingerbread man card, how simply adorable!

Stampsnob. said...

How sweet this is and I am going to CASE it ...........Lis

Mrs A. said...

What sweet little gingerbread men and they go so perfectly with the backing papers. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

I'm with Mrs A - such sweet little gingerbread men and they go perfectly with the BP you used.

And am with you about the climate change - it's getting so much more violent. What HAVE have we done ?!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

First, I rejoice with you that your loved ones & friends are safe & no damage. This storm created such heartbreaking damage. I'm certain you breathed a hugh sigh of thankfulness once you knew they were ok. Now the adorable card: Love your papers and how pretty with the sweet little ginger guys. Love the way you set them in the elongated border with the pretty red scallops peeking out. Great snippet card too. See ya in the Playground. TFS & Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Thank goodness that your family is safe...you must have been so worried!
Your card is a cutie..makes me want to make some gingerbread!

Sarn said...

I love this gingerbread man creation.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Oh Carol I'm so glad your son and his family are alright.

Adorable card with the sweet gingerbread men! The green twine bow is a great touch as well as the scalloped edges outlining that panel. THanks for playing!